Secrets of Southeast Asia itinerary change

coralresources

27 minutes ago, coralresources said:

Just notified that the Orion wil arrive in Viet Nam one day early.  What does this do to our visas which have an arrival date?

Do you have a roll call for your cruise? Ask there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, coralresources said:

Just notified that the Orion wil arrive in Viet Nam one day early.  What does this do to our visas which have an arrival date?

I suggest contacting Viking directly for advice - tellus@vikingcruises.com

7 hours ago, coralresources said:

My travel agent contacted Viking and she was told that you stay on the ship if your visa is after the arrival date. Can you believe that ? Wow

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, coralresources said:

30 minutes ago, j_anandu said:

My travel agent contacted Viking and she was told that you stay on the ship if your visa is after the arrival date. Can you believe that ? Wow

Sometimes it pays to read everything on My Viking Journey, and the links to GenVisa.....even if you choose not to use them (because their prices are outrageous!

From GenVisa-

Proposed date of entry and Proposed date of exit: Vietnam visa is date specific! The visa will be issued for a 30 day stay from the date that is written below. It is OK to backdate your proposed date of entry by a day or two. For a multiple entry visa please indicate the date of the first arrival and the date of your last exit.

1 hour ago, j_anandu said:

No, honestly I can't believe that!

You paid for a visa per instructions and now because of a last minute change Viking is just saying, "tough luck, buy another visa"?

Before you go that route, I would do as Heidi13 suggested above and e-mail tellus@vikingcruises.com. The more people who complain about having to buy a second visa, the more apt they are to try to do something to ease the burden. 

• Like 1