Iona cabin 4657

tokyo1949

starboard side

Sea view cabin

Mid aft

its the last cabin on the deck

not sure what is next to it ? staff area?

its next to 4653

Slightly annoy location as cannot access via the Aft lifts (for access use midship lifts or forward lifts if you don't mind walking down the lenght of the ship)

but should be quiet as at dead end (so no one will be walking past cabin)

as towards the back you might feel a bit more movement if the sea is choppy

Edited by lambinator1982

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from cabin 4657. Internal arrangements are the same as a balcony and the extra space is at the window end. The bed was at the bathroom end so if you had twin configuration space was tight to the wardrobes. Most Ocean views seem to have a bench seat under the window but not 4657 which had a wider window sill. You could move the chair there for an oblique view out of the window.

Noise - very quiet location and I did not notice the crew door opposite being opened. Crew access seems to be further forward. The huge white space next door does not contain any machinery and does contain the officers mess and the crews mess? plus maybe crew cabins. There was noise of someone opening and closing a cupboard door on a couple of occasions plus once chopping vegetables. Not loud, I think it might be a little galley for officers can get themselves a snack before going on night watch. All about 11.15 pm.

Pilots - The last few cabins here have the external access doors in the hull which is used by the pilots so sound of latches opening etc. This applies to both sides so depends on which side is being used.

I had a free upgrade so it was still an improvement on an inside If i was going to book one I would go for the window seat.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Just returned from cabin 4657. Internal arrangements are the same as a balcony and the extra space is at the window end. The bed was at the bathroom end so if you had twin configuration space was tight to the wardrobes. Most Ocean views seem to have a bench seat under the window but not 4657 which had a wider window sill. You could move the chair there for an oblique view out of the window.

Noise - very quiet location and I did not notice the crew door opposite being opened. Crew access seems to be further forward. The huge white space next door does not contain any machinery and does contain the officers mess and the crews mess? plus maybe crew cabins. There was noise of someone opening and closing a cupboard door on a couple of occasions plus once chopping vegetables. Not loud, I think it might be a little galley for officers can get themselves a snack before going on night watch. All about 11.15 pm.

Pilots - The last few cabins here have the external access doors in the hull which is used by the pilots so sound of latches opening etc. This applies to both sides so depends on which side is being used.

I had a free upgrade so it was still an improvement on an inside If i was going to book one I would go for the window seat.

How nice to see some relevant, up to date, honest information without the usual cynicism. 

Great response Dave. 

Andy 

• Like 1

Thank you Dave for your positive response. We were "upgraded" to this cabin as we just booked an outside saver fare. Pleased to hear it was quiet. I did realise it didnt have a window seat but at least there is a space there to sit if you wish.