Full year policy

I am very interested in this topic as well. Specific annual plan items I hope you can discuss include:

1. Medical coverage - Maximum amount per trip and per year.  Is primary coverage available?
  2. Trip cancelation (and interruption) amount - Maximum amount per trip and per year. Can I add additional coverage if I hit the maximum early in the year?
  3. Covered reasons for cancelation/interruption - Are covered reasons similar to per trip plans or are they usually more restrictive?  I am always concerned about missing a cruise due to airline or weather delays even when I fly in at least one day early.
  4. Pre-existing conditions - Are pre-existing conditions waivers available, and if so how does one qualify? If not, does any exclusion apply to non traveling family members? Do pre-existing conditions affect medical? cancelation? interruption? other coverages?
  5. Age restrictions - Are there age limits, or do you just pay higher premiums as you get older?

Ideally I would love to find a comprehensive annual plan that gives me similar coverage to GeoBlue Trekker (medical and medical transportation) and also adds good cancelation and interruption coverage without having to worry about pre-existing conditions.  If you have any specific recommendations, please share.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m interested in an annual medical/medical evacuation policy. I’m not so concerned about losing the cost of my trip. I would hate to lose the cost of a trip but it wouldn’t be financially devastating. On the other hand a medical emergency in a foreign country could be an unplanned, financially devastating event. 

any recommendations on how to evaluate such policies?