Star Princess Boarding to Sailaway

custompcsys

Hi folks,

Probably a dumb question I'm sure, but I'm on the Star Princess this June for a 10-day Baltic cruise, and I see that the boarding and sailway times are quite far apart - boarding at noon, sailaway at 9 pm. My Alaska cruise last summer also boarded at noon, but it was a 4 pm sailaway. With basically 7-8 hours to kill, I was wondering if it was possible to check in, drop the luggage in our cabin, maybe hit the Horizon for lunch, then go do some sightseeing for a few hours and return to the ship for sailaway?

For those of you who have if done this if it is possible, is it a hassle to get back on board (ie, back to the check-in cue, etc), or is it like getting off and on at any other port? Also, if any of you have done this from the Freeport terminal in Copenhagen, tips on how to get into downtown and back, possible tours leaving from the pier, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :)

While there are no guarantees, the answer is probably "Yes". You should be able to check-in, see your cabin and then disembark for some sightseeing. With that much time in port the only thing I'd worry about would be if there was a heightened security alert for some reason. If there were special security concerns then they might prevent people from disembarking.

Just FYI, in 2004 we did the same thing you are thinking about on a Venice to Rome cruise. We boarded in Venice about 1pm and then immediately left the ship and did sightseeing until dinner time.

Archived