I read no more NSA

tbmrt

VV is in the process of evaluating all of their shows. They've been running basically the same shows since they launched, time for a refresh to keep things from getting stale. No clue why people liked NSA so much. Terrible show with an actress who was trying way too hard to be provocative. We made it through about 10 minutes and walked out. Great band though. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, tbmrt said:

This morning I read no more NSA...disappointed.  Has anyone heard what will be done instead?

Looking at the line up for the next few weeks it looks like Festival Stage guest acts will be filling in. 
For those who have been before this is probably a good thing to have more variety.

Also the Miss Behave show recently got added to Valiant Lady and Scarlet Lady now has Its a Ship Show that’s been on Valiant for a while.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WheresWalter said:

VV is in the process of evaluating all of their shows. They've been running basically the same shows since they launched, time for a refresh to keep things from getting stale. No clue why people liked NSA so much. Terrible show with an actress who was trying way too hard to be provocative. We made it through about 10 minutes and walked out. Great band though. 

Yes, we agree with you,  we made it through thirty minutes and quietly stepped out.  

5 hours ago, WheresWalter said:

Yes, we agree with you,  we made it through thirty minutes and quietly stepped out.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AtSeaWithChris said:

I’m sad that the Folk Tales are going away. 

they've been gone for a really long time 😢 but some of the cast members have come back - shannon the hostess on scarlet was one of the phantom folktales members!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jon81uk said:

Looking at the line up for the next few weeks it looks like Festival Stage guest acts will be filling in. 
For those who have been before this is probably a good thing to have more variety.

Also the Miss Behave show recently got added to Valiant Lady and Scarlet Lady now has Its a Ship Show that’s been on Valiant for a while.

There's a bit too much reliance on audience participation shows. NSA, The Drag show, Misbehave and to a lesser extent the ship show all are audience participation shows. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

There's a bit too much reliance on audience participation shows. NSA, The Drag show, Misbehave and to a lesser extent the ship show all are audience participation shows. 

eh i'd rather audience participation shows than sit through an adapted-for-sea broadway style show.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, _tacocat_ said:

eh i'd rather audience participation shows than sit through an adapted-for-sea broadway style show.

It’s just the current way of thinking. Shows do not have to be passive for the audience. Create memories with them feeling part of the show or the edge of the stage no longer being the line between voyeur and performer. 

The “untitled dance party thing”, is one of the best shows in the second half. I mean the dance moves from street to some meaningful story telling and every show you can bet at least one audience member crys. People think after 5 mins “not for me as it’s standing and we have to walk or move to avoid performers” but they missing the heart of the show. 

• Like 3