Scooter and excursions

njy

So we are heading on at cruise the end of the month to Bahamas, Mexico, and grand Cayman.  This is our first cruise with his scooter.  His scooter does break down into pieces, but it’s a pain.   Will we be able to go on the excursions with the scooter? How does this work?  Any suggestions are appreciated.  Thanks

If on NCL, not on their private island. The street surfaces and sidewalks in the immediate area of the port in Nassau are not exactly scooter/wheelchair friendly.

If going to Half Moon Cay, the tender can take the scooter, depending upon how high the waves are. There is often sand on the sidewalks and/or roads but there is a solid surface underneath the sand and it is drivable (the beach is soft sand and is NOT drivable).

Thanks, we are stopping at peurto Costa Maya, Mexico; Georgetown, grand Caymon; Nassau, Bahamas; Cozumel, Mexico.

we had caught the tendering  but there is a scenic bus tour that we think we could do.  I want to play with dolphins, he don’t go in with me but the transportation to get there is the concern.  Cozumel we know he can scooter on the main downtown area.  We have booked late and many tours are taken.  I guess my main question is the busses from the ship to the locations

oh, we are on Celebrity 

thanks

Edited by njy

I would contact Celebrity and ask what excursions they will have, if any, that will accommodate a scooter.   https://www.celebritycruises.com/special-needs/accessible-shore-excursions

Or even with private tour companies at your ports.  

One private company often mentioned:

https://www.accessiblecaribbeanvacations.com/

Plan B might be to practice taking your scooter apart so it becomes easier to do.   This would open up more excursions if it can be stored in the transportation vehicle.   

• Like 1