To anyone currently on Emerald Princess / outlets ?

jinpasco

Was on the Emerald within the past year.  The bedside lamps are plugged into European outlets.  There were no North American outlets by the bed.  I used only an adapter (without converter) in the European outlet for keeping my USB travel fan charged.  Luckily, I didn't blow anything up.  😮

• Haha 1

Hubby uses the European plug behind the bed for his CPAP.  We just  use an European plug for the wall and then plug the CPAP into that one.  No converter.  Same plugs we used when living in Germany to plug all our US lamps, etc into.

18 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

We didn’t have any European outlets in our minisuite on the Emerald. I am pretty sure we looked behind the bed.

There are Euro plugs behind the bed on every ship.  There is only one and it is generally not "centered" between the beds.  It will be behind only one of the beds.  You have to pull both out to find it.  I have seen it behind either one.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Hubby uses the European plug behind the bed for his CPAP.  We just  use an European plug for the wall and then plug the CPAP into that one.  No converter.  Same plugs we used when living in Germany to plug all our US lamps, etc into.

This is exactly what I do,  I tried the "extension cord across the room" bit only once (which is the "official" method that Princess always pushes) and then decided there has to be a better way.  Discovered the Euro plugs behind the bed a long time ago and have never looked back!

• Like 1