Qusetions about AOS!

We leave April 2nd. I have a couple of questions about AOS.

What other entrees are available to order each night in the main dining room if you don't like either of the 1st 2 options?

Are there a variety of clubs to dance at? With differnt types of music? DJ, bands etc??? ( I ask because I am in my 20's and have only cruised the Majesty this far and they had one club that had dancing and each night was themed 50's 60's 70's etc.)

Do you happen to know what the kids menu looked like? Options? Can they order adult meals?

Does Portofino have crab legs? Any seafood besides FISH? (Not a fish fan)

A while back someone had posted a picture of a jet flying over MAHO beach. Can you post it again? I can't find it.

We leave April 2nd. I have a couple of questions about AOS.

What other entrees are available to order each night in the main dining room if you don't like either of the 1st 2 options?

Are there a variety of clubs to dance at? With differnt types of music? DJ, bands etc??? ( I ask because I am in my 20's and have only cruised the Majesty this far and they had one club that had dancing and each night was themed 50's 60's 70's etc.)

Do you happen to know what the kids menu looked like? Options? Can they order adult meals?

A while back someone had posted a picture of a jet flying over MAHO beach. Can you post it again? I can't find it.

There are always other options if you don't like the main courses in the dining room. There is always a vegetarian option, there is a pasta, a chicken dish and steak every night.

The kids menu consists of macaroni and cheese, spaghetti with meat sauce, chicken fingers to name a few. Kids are welcome to order off the regular menu if they want to.

I was at Maho and took pictures - but not one of the planes!

I didn't go to the dance club onboard so I can't comment on that.

Have a great cruise - the AOS is a wonderful ship :)

They have salmon, steak, chicken. If you don't see something you like, try something new, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Are there a variety of clubs to dance at?

Yes, usually dancing and music of different types at different locations each night. Large emphasis on latin music, since the ship leaves from Puerto Rico.

With differnt types of music? DJ, bands etc??? ( I ask because I am in my 20's and have only cruised the Majesty this far and they had one club that had dancing and each night was themed 50's 60's 70's etc.)

Do you happen to know what the kids menu looked like? Options? Can they order adult meals? Hamburgers, fish sticks, french fries, macaroni and cheese. The kids are entitled to order whatever they want and as much as they want, just like the adults. OUr son never ordered off the kids menu when he was younger.

Let your kids try something from the adult menu, you will be surprised as to what they may actually like, and it makes them feel so "grown up". The chilled soups, like apple, roasted peach, and strawberry are like desserts. Let them try the escargot, they usually love them.

No crab legs, they do have some shrimp dishes, and will have lobster in Portofino's on the same night as lobster is served in the main dining rooms.

Hypo

Thanks ckrobyn. I remember reading your review.

I found the thread with the picture of the plane. I wanted to show others that are going on the trip but don't use this board.

May be you answer my question in the other thread about getting around in St Maarten and to Maho Beach???

Thanks ckrobyn. I remember reading your review.

I found the thread with the picture of the plane. I wanted to show others that are going on the trip but don't use this board.

May be you answer my question in the other thread about getting around in St Maarten and to Maho Beach???

RN

We always rent a jeep in St.Maarten, the island is pretty easy to navigate and quite scenic when you drive it yourself. There is a Hertz car rental right at the port - I recommend a jeep with the top down :) By far, Maho/Mullett bay beach are our absolute favorites - even more so than Orient Beach . If you have any other questions, fire away! I loved the AOS and I'm crazy about the ports ;)

We only ate two times in the Dining Room. Didn't like the fact that you have to be there at a certain time and that the menu, especially the desert menu was limited. The food was delicious both times but we preferred eatting in the Windjammer/Grill. Eat when you want to. And no waiter bugging you if you "want pepper on that" every ten minutes.

In the WJ, the waiters brought you your drinks, cleared up your dirty dishes and for the rest left you alone. I like that.

In the Windjammer, we always had hot food and lots to choose from including the sushi bars and lots of salad options and deserts. In the diningroom, you don't have a lot of salad options either.

So instead of tipping the waiters in the diningroom at $6. pp per meal, we tipped those waiters in the Windjammer whose assistance we appreciated.

Since I don't like lamb and my husband doesn't like lobster or the duck, we felt no less privileged eatting in the Windjammer as far as food quality went. And we dressed up on the formal nights and casual on the other nights so that after the meal, when we would wander around the ship or go to other activities/shows, we would fit in with those who ate in the Diningroom.

And we always had a beautiful seat by the window in the Windjammer /Grill whereas in the diningroom, our table was besides the Captain's table (no scenery) and he didn't eat there when we were there.

We were at a table of six and two of our other tablemates also rarely went to the diningroom. So basically, the third couple had a table to themselves. :)

Archived