2023 Premium Plus Beverage Package

montycjv

Apparently no Veuve on the Star for our transatlantic, and I don't believe Moet was listed as by the glass, so technically not covered by the plus package. I say technically, as the wine waitor let us have it instead of Moet, but nowhere near as good! 

Whether they'll continue to allow today substitute, we'll just have to wait and see. 

• Like 1

On 2/14/2023 at 5:23 PM, js said:

I really wish one person could upgrade. I drink all the premium and my dh drinks beer 🤷🏻‍♀️. I thought really long about just spending the money to upgrade both of us but know thats silly lol

You husband can pay the overage and I'd be willing to be the overage would be less than the cost of two upgrades.

On 3/20/2023 at 9:24 PM, Sydneyberlin said:

From experience though, slow service is a real issue with alcohol, especially in the main dining rooms. By the time we get to order a second glass, we’re usually well finished with the first one.

Plus, there is something a bit fancy about having a good whole bottle of wine with your meal. Especially if it’s French champagne- we always start with a bottle of that over the starter course and specifically slow down our dinner to first enjoy that and only then order the main and some wine by the glass. Makes for a lovely experience, even if you’re dining “only” in the MDR.

You could always just order two glasses at the beginning of the meal so you don't have to worry about the timing of the second glass.  Who says double fisting wine isn't just as classy as having a whole bottle? 😉 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, thedarklord said:

Apparently no Veuve on the Star for our transatlantic, and I don't believe Moet was listed as by the glass, so technically not covered by the plus package. I say technically, as the wine waitor let us have it instead of Moet, but nowhere near as good! 

Whether they'll continue to allow today substitute, we'll just have to wait and see. 

They would have to sub something for the Veuve, I would guess Moet.  Especially if you have the upgraded package.

On 3/19/2023 at 6:49 PM, ah5050 said:

Has anyone had success upgrading to premium plus onboard versus ahead of time? I have heard mixed things on if you can or not. We have a lot of obc and if I can wait till on the ship I rather use it there. 

Yes. We did this a month ago on the Bliss. There was a table set up in Teppanyaki on embarkation day, which is where you would go to make in-person dining reservations. We paid for the upgrade there and then were sent to Guest Services to have our cards reprinted with the new package on them. Easy peasy. 

• Like 1

On 2/18/2023 at 8:25 PM, Juncti said:

Can't speak to what will be available, but you mentioned being in the Haven. That will give you the best shot at anything and everything you want that they have. Haven bar is typically best on the ship

Except a good tequila. You can get Johnny Blue or Macallan Enigma but the best tequila in the Haven is Patron Anejo. They used to have Don Julio and Don Julio 1942.