Flights: Escape April 30-May 7, 2023

cruisekitty22

Who else got their flights from NCL today for Escape April 30-May 7, 2023 on JetBlue?  These are nonstop flights to FORT LAUDERDALE and back as the ship sails from MIAMI.  We are disappointed. We have never flown Jetblue and see they have lots of rules for seat info! Very confusing.  Hoping for the best. Coming back is a late departure from Fort Lauderdale 8:15 PM!   Just venting. I don't think I will do the "free flights" again!

Ooooooooo you got the perfect booking! Well, almost perfect. Nonstop! You must live near a hub? I'm beside jealous! 

I'll be flying from good ole rusty Syracuse to JFK to Fort Lauderdale and back. On the return, my friends get in to Syracuse at almost midnight, after waiting in Miami the entire day.

Count your blessings my dear kitty! 

*Side note, if you're actually upset....yea, never, ever, ever book your airfare using NCL's BOGO offer. You got extremely lucky!*

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, cruisekitty22 said:

Who else got their flights from NCL today for Escape April 30-May 7, 2023 on JetBlue?  These are nonstop flights to FORT LAUDERDALE and back as the ship sails from MIAMI.  We are disappointed. We have never flown Jetblue and see they have lots of rules for seat info! Very confusing.  Hoping for the best. Coming back is a late departure from Fort Lauderdale 8:15 PM!   Just venting. I don't think I will do the "free flights" again!

The T&Cs for the BOGO airfare do state that FLL may be used for Miami cruises.

As far as I know the jetBlue rules are similar to what most of the legacy airlines are using now within the same fare category.  For example jetBlue BlueBasic is pretty comparable to United Basic Economy.  

Edited by Karaboudjan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisekitty22 said:

If you need transport between the Port and the Airport that is reliable and doesn't charge a small fortune, I'd recommend http://ridesas.com/ 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisekitty22 said:

I’m on the same sailing and got flights and pre hotel (Miami) from NCL. I’m surprised you received your flight info so quickly, I chatted with NCL today and they said mine wouldn’t be sent until 27-30 days before sailing. 

We got ours today also, but on Southwest and not a nonstop leaving 7:35pm from FLL. We will be with friends and we will rent a car near the port to do a little exploration of Miami and return it to  FLL airport, so this works out pretty well.  Our only snag is that our friends fly out of Miami so we will need to drop them off a little early. 

The only nonstops to SLC from either Miami or FLL are at 7 am so I can't really complain and in fact I'm pretty happy about it. I had feared much worse, like we might end up on Spirit etc with a 5 hour layover.  

We only used the promo for return flights home since we used points to fly to Florida.

I hadn't received anything, but I called Norwegian to find out if my flights were booked yet and they confirmed and then sent me an email.

Edited by zzdoug
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, cruisekitty22 said:

That seems like a great routing.  What flights would you have preferred?

• Like 1