cruising Royal out of Seattle

tidygirl

WE are planning on renting a car before and after our cruise. we want to dropnoff and pick up on our return somewhere downtown close to the port. Is there any with a shuttle to and from the airport? I called one place and I'm not sure the guy knew what he was talking about!

I strongly recommend Uber/Lyft for ground transportation in Seattle, especially for point-to-point needs, such as what you are suggesting, like renting a car before and after your cruise; getting from the port to a rental car agency and vice versa.

I'm certain that there are rental car agencies that have offices in Seattle proper, you'll want to research that, but if your goal is to fly in early and rent a car at the airport, you'll take the rental car shuttle from the airport to the "off site" rental car facility to get your car.  You'll have to return it back to the airport, so a 35-45 minute drive from Seattle back to the airport and then Uber/Lyft from the airport or rental car center back to the port, so another 35-45 minutes.  So, budget your time accordingly.

Pier 91 is at the way north end of Elliot Bay.  It is very industrial out there and few commercial services, and definitely no rental car agencies.

There are rental car agencies in Seattle proper, most in the central business district.  It might make more sense to choose one of those offices instead of the the airport, and use Uber/Lyft to go from the airport to a rental agency in Seattle proper, and then have the shorter return distance along with the shorter Uber/Lyft ride to the port on embarkation day.  Do all of this in reverse when your cruise is over with.

Google maps is your friend and I strongly recommend using it now to get a visual representation of the distances things are from the airport and downtown Seattle and the pier so you get a good idea of how much time getting around is going to take out of your schedule.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I live in the Seattle area (Redmond to be exact) and I do not like driving in Seattle at all. Traffic is ridiculous, Super hilly roads, parking is hard to come by and the parking decks are SO tight. I would Uber instead unless you plan to explore outside of the city. Just my opinion. Have a wonderful time!  And steer clear of Third and Pine. Very rough intersection. Homelessness is bad, so be mindful of your surroundings.