Internet package upgrade question

JessLCH

I haven't cruised in a few years so am a little rusty. I have the internet package included with Free at Sea for upcoming cruise on Prima. In My NCL account I have a Free at Sea offer to upgrade to unlimited wifi for $109.93 per person. I am also Sapphire Latitudes which gets a 20% discount on internet packages. Would that get me the upgraded unlimited internet package at less than $109.93? Trying to figure out if I am better off upgrading now or once onboard. Thanks for any insight.

Sapphire's 20% discount is not combinable with the offered "upgrade" ... looks like it's based on a 7 nights cruise with 125 free minutes included.  If you wait until onboard & upgrade at 00:01 after midnight, it's Day 2 and you will be charged for 6 days, less the trade-in credit ... your net cost will be lowered by $30 to about $80.  And, if you have any non-refundable OBC, they will be applied to offset automatically - which you cannot do pre-cruise.  

22 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Sapphire's 20% discount is not combinable with the offered "upgrade" ... looks like it's based on a 7 nights cruise with 125 free minutes included.  If you wait until onboard & upgrade at 00:01 after midnight, it's Day 2 and you will be charged for 6 days, less the trade-in credit ... your net cost will be lowered by $30 to about $80.  And, if you have any non-refundable OBC, they will be applied to offset automatically - which you cannot do pre-cruise.  

Thanks for this. The package I have with the free at sea promo is the 150 minute package on a 7 night Prima sailing. How much does it cost to upgrade to unlimited on board? I am not able to find this info anywhere. That is why I am having trouble comparing. 

@JessLCH   Current prices (valid as of last month) was/is $30 per day for the "basic" or non-streaming unlimited WiFi x 7 days = $210, minus a 20% Latitudes Sapphire discount (if you do not have the FAS 150 minutes) or $168 will be your net cost.    < please note, I rounded up all the pennies to nearest dollar for simplicity  >

With your FAS 150 minutes - you are given a trade-in credit of $100 for those unused minutes to upgrade.  Thus $30 x 7 = $210 minus $100 = your quoted $110 or $109.93 to be "exact".  But, you cannot apply or get the 20% Latitudes discount, it's either one or the other - and; there is no advantage to paid ahead now, aside from simplicity or getting it out of the way.  It's the same deal or price doing it onboard the ship - difference being that, if you have or are expecting some kind of non-refundable OBC coming, adjustments/refunds and/or NCLH shareholders OBC, etc. can and will be automatically applied.  

If you go to your "MyNCL" account, the details about internet package options "should" be there, hiding deep but in plain sights, just not easy to find for some and "unintentional" misleading, that you must upgrade both pax #1 and #2 - when, in fact, you can just upgrade 1 person and share it, one device at a time only.  

NCL Escape - Sept 2023 Internet Package upgrade UNL WiFi prices.jpg