What No Gibraltar?!?!

snaefell

I was quite surprised to receive an email from P&O in response to my complaint about the change,at least the speed of the reply surprised me.

It didn't start too well though,the first line reads:'how pleased we are that you will be travelling on our brand new ship Arvia on your upcoming cruise'!😮

It goes on to say that they have learned that for operational reasons they won't be able to call at Gibraltar on May 29th,I have checked the website & two other cruise ships are shown as scheduled for that date so I guess that is the reason.

They somewhat redeemed themselves by finishing with how many days it is until they welcome us on board Arcadia!😀

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, snaefell said:

I was quite surprised to receive an email from P&O in response to my complaint about the change,at least the speed of the reply surprised me.

It didn't start too well though,the first line reads:'how pleased we are that you will be travelling on our brand new ship Arvia on your upcoming cruise'!😮

It goes on to say that they have learned that for operational reasons they won't be able to call at Gibraltar on May 29th,I have checked the website & two other cruise ships are shown as scheduled for that date so I guess that is the reason.

They somewhat redeemed themselves by finishing with how many days it is until they welcome us on board Arcadia!😀

Maybe people would have a bit more trust in P&O if they gave reasons for unpopular decisions, rather than bland, catch-all, unbelievable tripe like the standard ‘operational reasons’.

No other business that I can think of gets away with this - or even tries to.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Maybe people would have a bit more trust in P&O if they gave reasons for unpopular decisions, rather than bland, catch-all, unbelievable tripe like the standard ‘operational reasons’.

No other business that I can think of gets away with this - or even tries to.

Quite,pre pandemic we booked a cruise with RCI,it was Anthem Of The Seas repo cruise from New York to Southampton to take up her Summer UK sailings,it took place early April & called at Halifax,this was spot on for us,we really wanted to see both places,soon after booking we got an email from RIC saying that Halifax had been removed from the itinerary as 'the Atlantic can be rough in Winter'!😮

Sorry but any body of water can be rough anytime,if you think that way cruise ships wouldn't be leaving port!

• Like 1