Weird Question from a Princess newbie

Staci0615

If I have booked Princess Plus for me and my 19 year old, and he is getting the non-alcohol package (which I am fine with as he wants to drink milkshakes etc.) Can I upgrade only me to the premier and leave him as the Plus or since we are sharing a cabin do both of us have to be premier in which case it isn't worth the up-charge and I will stay at plus.

29 minutes ago, Staci0615 said:

If I have booked Princess Plus for me and my 19 year old, and he is getting the non-alcohol package (which I am fine with as he wants to drink milkshakes etc.) Can I upgrade only me to the premier and leave him as the Plus or since we are sharing a cabin do both of us have to be premier in which case it isn't worth the up-charge and I will stay at plus.

As of today, no, you won’t be able to upgrade just for yourself if you are on the same booking.  But, it may change in a couple of days when the updated packages are in place.  So, stay tuned!  It might be possible as of February 20th and going forward.  

BTW, your son will also be able to get mock cocktails, such as Virgin pina coladas, daquiris, chocobanana, etc.  

The FAQ section of the package details contains the following:

1. What if I’m not of legal drinking age (21 years of age or older)?
    Guests who are under 21 will receive the Zero-Alcohol Package, previously called Coffee & Soda Package. This package type will be assigned prior to sailing based on age of guest.

Since a minor can only get the Zero-Alcohol Package, it stands to reason that he cannot upgrade to a pricier package but there is no restriction in you doing so. In truth, you already have different packages. 

2 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

The FAQ section of the package details contains the following:

1. What if I’m not of legal drinking age (21 years of age or older)?
    Guests who are under 21 will receive the Zero-Alcohol Package, previously called Coffee & Soda Package. This package type will be assigned prior to sailing based on age of guest.

Since a minor can only get the Zero-Alcohol Package, it stands to reason that he cannot upgrade to a pricier package but there is no restriction in you doing so. In truth, you already have different packages. 

What a great point.  It would be nice if Princess would allow passengers traveling in the same cabin and one is not old enough to drink with one premier beverage package package and one zero package .. it evens thing out a bit.