Second ship soon?

toad455

On 11/15/2023 at 9:13 AM, asalligo said:

I loved my Margaritaville cruise on Paradise and I think there is a bigger market than other lines realize for older smaller ships. I predict in another five years MAS is going to be a major player in the economy cruise market. 

It'll take time. I doubt in five years they have more than 3 ships sailing. The Paradise will likely need to be swapped out by then(she turns 33 next year). And I don't see MAS doing anything longer than a 5-day cruise. They could possibly look to get one of Carnival's remaining Fantasy-class ships(Elation or Paradise) or possibly Costa's oldest remaining ship, the Fortuna.

The question will be if MAS cruise line will abandon Palm Beach County, Florida altogether. Tampa is a nice size cruise port. MAS Cruise line cannot compete with the cruise lines leaving out of the biggies such as Port Canaveral, Ft. Lauderdale and Miami. 

They could always move up to Jacksonville. It can't handle the big ships, but would be ideal if MAS moves the Paradise up there and change to 3/4 day cruises. The Carnival Elation is (mostly) the lone ship that sails out of Jacksonville currently.