Just got $300 onboard credit!!!

I have never been able to check the military rate on Carnival, but instead have to go to another site and find the rate, then either book there or call Carnival for a comparison.

Does anyone know what the military rate code is? I think the price may have dropped on the cruise I booked; I would sure like to check and see.

Thanks in advance for any help!

CPM2, but that's a restricted fare code so I doubt you will be able to look it up. Doesn't hurt to try though.:)

I put in code CPNS-FPNS in the special code area, but it tells me the code is invalid. Am I doing something wrong?

CPNS is the super saver rate. You shouldn't have to type in that fare code as that is the rate you will normally get. FPNS is the super saver rate, but for guest who booked Carnival's flyaway program. F=Flyaway C=Cruise Only.

CPSE for sensiors 55 and older.

CPR1 for residents....not all States will qualify.

CPR2 for Canadian residents....All Canadians.

Also if you are a share holder and own a minimum of 100 shares you will recieve an on board credit.

$ 50 on board credit per cabin ($25pp) on any cruise of 6 days or less

$100 on board credit per cabin ($50pp) on any cruise of 7 - 13 days

$250 on board credit per cabin ($125pp) on any cruise of 14 days or longer

Not really savvy about these things -- so help is necessary -- want to try Carnival, have sailed Princess, HAL, Royal and NCL -- have Princess past passenger (last year) so which of these codes should I use when seeing what's out there?

hi there i tried to put that code but got a invalid i booked a balcony gar. for 679.00 sept 24 destiny does anyone think this is the best rate going .:D jim

Other than Military (CPM2) or interline (CPGO...airline employees) $679 is the best rate for that sailing. Don't forget to add the fed taxes of $37.38 to that.;)

Other than Military (CPM2) or interline (CPGO...airline employees) $679 is the best rate for that sailing. Don't forget to add the fed taxes of $37.38 to that.;)
thanxs i did call carnival he tried but i do have the best rate so far . jim:D

Exchanging with timeshares!! I had no idea...how do you exchange for a cruise with Interval ? Please feel free to email me privately if you wish, would so appreciate some info on this!

Exchanging with timeshares!! I had no idea...how do you exchange for a cruise with Interval ? Please feel free to email me privately if you wish, would so appreciate some info on this!

I typically call Carnival every several weeks (it is TOLL FREE after all, lol) to check and see if there have been any reductions in CRUISE FARES. Well, I called them 2-3 weeks ago and there was NO CHANGE for the Glory. However, there was a $37pp reduction for our Legend Sailing. Since we have not made final payment, they simply reduced our balance due.

Here is the GREAT NEWS part... I called again today (and also tried some of these fare codes - but they said the Military rate was better than those codes, for our sailing at least!) This time, no change in the Legend fares. HOWEVER our rate on the GLORY cruise was LOWER by $252.50 PER PERSON :D . We have already made final payment on this sailing, so they are going to credit it back to my VISA. They have done this for me before on other cruises - and the credit usually shows in less than a week.

This is when it REALLY helps to book directly with Carnival, as some TA's are not as likely to pass along price reductions in your fares because that would cause their commission to DROP as a result.:eek:

I will still continue to call periodically, as YOU NEVER KNOW!!!

Tom

When we booked our cruise, I got a 3 cat. upgrade. It was $619.00 for the Riviera deck. With the upgrade, we are on the Empress deck for the $619.00. When I put in the DP3 code. The price for the Riviera deck is $579.00 with a 2 cat. upgrade. That would put us on the Upper deck. Should I call my PVP and see what he can do? Or, just leave us at with the original 3 cat. upgrade.

We have three in each room but the lower price is only for the first two people in the room. The third person's price is the dame. Savings would be $40.00 each $80.00 total) for each cabin, but one floor lower.:confused:

When we booked our cruise, I got a 3 cat. upgrade. It was $619.00 for the Riviera deck. With the upgrade, we are on the Empress deck for the $619.00. When I put in the DP3 code. The price for the Riviera deck is $579.00 with a 2 cat. upgrade. That would put us on the Upper deck. Should I call my PVP and see what he can do? Or, just leave us at with the original 3 cat. upgrade.

We have three in each room but the lower price is only for the first two people in the room. The third person's price is the dame. Savings would be $40.00 each $80.00 total) for each cabin, but one floor lower.:confused:

Go for the SAVINGS... the ONLY difference between UPPER and EMPRESS deck is that you will have one more flight of stairs, or a different button to hit on the elevator. The cabins are EXACTLY the same !!!

Generally people believe (erroneously) that higher decks are BETTER simply because Carnival decided to price the decks that way, thus creating the illusion of UPGRADES. Which came first, the chicken or the egg? lol

Tom

Got to Interval world and hit exchange,I think you have to speak with the TA. They dont just exchange your timeshare for a cruise, they take some money off, I did not think it was worth it. They took like 200 off.:D

Sorry this is long but read all !

Tried the code on both Carnival & the TA website I booked thru and it only showed me that my date, ship & cabin went up considerably since I booked. However, I went one step futher & called my TA she was not there but spoke to someone else in office to see if anything else available for any discounts. She told me no that she contacted Carnival while I waited & they said I got the best rate I would be eligible for. I got a senior rate which is now closed for my sailing but even if it was not closed due to the increase it would be more now. So I politely said thank you & hung up. In about 20 minutes the person I just spoke to called me back to tell me upon futher investagation she found a deal for me that did not come up at my original booking date 2/8/06 but was from 2/1/06 thru 3/10/06 for a cashback award. What this means is 4 to 6 weeks after my sailing date I will receive $150 back on my credit card. Yeah ! Moral here, Never give up, keep looking & asking & maybe somewhere you will receive something in a credit, upgrade or cashback ! Happy hunting for bargains

I exchanged our week of time share for a cruise and got a great rate. 4A on the liberty for $498.00 pp. I called my TA yesterday with the rate code DP3 and she tried to get us the 2 cat. upgrade, but Carnival would not give it to us b/c we had a lower rate. So, timeshare people do get the short end- it is not necesarily the best bet to exchange

Can someone please explain this in detail as to what and where we're suppossed to put in these codes, sorry a little confuzed, can't find anything on their site and the past guest promo page on currents doesn't work. Thanks in advance!!

Archived