Just got $300 onboard credit!!!

Can someone please explain this in detail as to what and where we're suppossed to put in these codes, sorry a little confuzed, can't find anything on their site and the past guest promo page on currents doesn't work. Thanks in advance!!

Go to Carnival.com and pretend you want to book a cruise. On the first small window that comes up you'll have to enter your name and if you want to include airfare, etc. The next line down it says "enter promo code" or something like that. Enter the code DP3 there. HOWEVER, THIS IS ONLY VALID IF YOU ARE A PAST CRUISER WITH CARNIVAL!!! I LOOKED UP MY CRUISE LAST NIGHT AND FOUND OUT THE CODE WORKED, BUT WHEN I HAD MY TA CALL CARNIVAL EARLIER TODAY, CARNIVAL SAID THAT THIS PROMO CODE WAS ONLY AVAILABLE TO PAST CARNIVAL CRUISERS. :(

I to own a timeshare but did not book thru them. I shopped around & found the prices much cheaper thru a TA. I did not check with Carnival but at this point I do not think I could get much cheaper than I got. I am in a Cat 8B on the Triumph's Empress deck sailing 5/13 and my rate after senior discount & a cash back discount is $745 pp total. I do not know if that is a good rate compared to others but is was way lower than my timeshare gave me & I had to give them my week also.

Can a first time cruiser get upgrades like this? We booked inside gty and have a 5a on the riveria deck of the Imagination for an April 15 sailing. Please tell me how!!!!

No, I found out earlier today from my TA. I tried the code and while it looked like it worked on the website (it showed the awesome upgrade we could have gotten!), this is only valid for people who have previously cruised with Carnival. It's called a "Past Guest Credit". :(

Oh well, gives me an excuse to cruise with them again!!:D

I tried the code and it was showing an 8A balcony cabin as the same price as a 4A inside. I called my TA and she contacted Carnival and they upgraded me to a balcony.:p I wasn't sure if it would work since I was originally told that it was for new bookings only and I was so close to sail date, but hey Carnival came through :D I am sooooooooooo excited only 23 more days!!!!!!:D :D :D

I also tried the codes. They did work for me except that there are NO cat 8 cabins left on either of the two cruises I am booked on.

So I call Carnival and they said because there are no Cat 8 (they told me this) cabins left they WILL not honor the discount unless I wanted to down grade to a Cat 6 room. Don't think so. Both cruises are paid for and looking forward to my balcony.

Thanks for sharing the information with us. It is great that some of you are getting discounts, credits or upgrades.

Okay, I kept getting an error trying to check it for the Valor. The section for past cruises is down right now so I don't know what ships they are for. What is the EXACT code that everyone has used so I can try that?

Also, how did y'all do it? Just log into your carnival account that already has your cruise attached to it and the countdown and try and book another cruise on your same date/ship? I'm sorry, it's probably a stupid question but I've never been this involved in the booking. Last year it was a suprise and the Carnival Cruise before that I wasn't concerned.

I have tried everything listed here and keep getting Invalid code :confused: .

It's not a valid code from the cruise you're trying. I tried it on my cruise and get the same thing. I tried it on one of these other ones and it works. It depends on the cruise.

I just got an email from my CVS at Carnival and they are having a buy get promo tomorrow. Buy a 1A upper lower and get a 4a inside......buy a 4a inside and get a 6a ocean view......buy a 6a ocean view and get a 8a balcony.

It looks like I may be eligible for an onboard credit but I just called my TA and he is out for the week :( . Would Carnival help me with that directly or will I have to wait until he gets back next week? I am afraid that by the time he returns, it will be too late.

I am starting to see the benefits of booking directly through Carnival.

It looks like I may be eligible for an onboard credit but I just called my TA and he is out for the week :( . Would Carnival help me with that directly or will I have to wait until he gets back next week? I am afraid that by the time he returns, it will be too late.

I am starting to see the benefits of booking directly through Carnival.

Carnival will not allow you to service your reservation if it was booked through a TA. Call your travel agency and have one of the other TA's call Carnival for you. It doesn't have to be your actual agent just someone from your agency.

I just got an email from my CVS at Carnival and they are having a buy get promo tomorrow. Buy a 1A upper lower and get a 4a inside......buy a 4a inside and get a 6a ocean view......buy a 6a ocean view and get a 8a balcony.

I received an e-mail about this offer, but the fine print at the bottom states, "Valid on select September 2006 sailings only." :(

It doesn't work for my August cruise either. I believe that means the discount does not apply to this cruise. I seem to remember my PVP saying something about past cruiser discounts usually being on cruises in either the next few months or for cruises at less-busy times.

We're past guest cruisers and I'm curious to see if this promotion would be valid on our upcoming cruise in May. I know that I saw someone posted that it's only valid on September sailings.....but everyone that it DID work for....were you all sailing in September?

Another question...how are you finding where to put in the promo code? When I go to http://www.carnival.com I click on Find a Cruise and there's no place for a code. I have tried it with being logged in as well as out. When I did search for our cruise, it comes up with an error that the agency wasn't recognized....or something to that effect, and that I'd have to call for pricing.

Can someone help me?

THANKS!

You have to follow the steps toward booking your cruise all over again. After you pick your ship and date and your cabin or guarantee category you get to a screen that asks stuff like how many cruisers, whether to include airfare, past guest number, and right above the past guest number space is a space for a code.

Archived