? about Carnival golf excursions...

we'll be sailing on our anniversary and thought about getting DH this excursion as part of an anniversary gift. :) first question is, does the excursion cost cover cart and golf rentals? next, do you need to have a group going with you, or would they place him in a "foursome"? and for any of you golfers out there, would it be "weird" to play with people you don't know and would this be a neat "gift" idea? I don't golf, so I'm clueless here. I'm debating about whether he'd want to be with the rest of our party (myself and a couple friends of ours) for the duration of the port stay or have a once-in-a-lifetime to play what looks like a beautiful course (Grand Cayman)? I'd love for it to be a surprise, but I'd hate to pay for it and then him prefer to do something else. Hmmmm...any thoughts from you golfing enthusiasts out there? Thanks!

My husband and another member of our party golfed when we were on the Inspiration a few years back. The cost included all the equipment rental, cart, transportation to the course from the ship and sometimes a little food, but that depends on the package. All the golfers from the ship were in their own foursomes, no 'outsiders', and the golf pro from the ship is also along in the group and golf in one of the foursomes (happened to be my husband's last time!). Hope that helps.

I'm sailing on the Liberty on April 1st and have been looking into the golf thing. From what I can tell, the cost does not cover equipment rentals like clubs, shoes, tees, balls and glove. It does cover your transportation, a caddie (whom you should tip) and your greenfees. I'm really thinking about playing on our cruise because as you said, it's a once in a lifetime thing, but the costs are getting way up there. I believe club rentals are $35 but I'd have to look that up again to be sure.

I've read a good suggestion in that you can take your own balls, tees, glove and shoes with you. Then you only need to rent the clubs. Of course you could take your clubs too, but that seems too much of a pain to me.

As for playing with people he doesn't know, it really depends on his personality, but I do it all the time at my local course and have no problem with it. It's something most golfers are use to.

we'll be sailing on our anniversary and thought about getting DH this excursion as part of an anniversary gift. :) first question is, does the excursion cost cover cart and golf rentals? next, do you need to have a group going with you, or would they place him in a "foursome"? and for any of you golfers out there, would it be "weird" to play with people you don't know and would this be a neat "gift" idea? I don't golf, so I'm clueless here. I'm debating about whether he'd want to be with the rest of our party (myself and a couple friends of ours) for the duration of the port stay or have a once-in-a-lifetime to play what looks like a beautiful course (Grand Cayman)? I'd love for it to be a surprise, but I'd hate to pay for it and then him prefer to do something else. Hmmmm...any thoughts from you golfing enthusiasts out there? Thanks!

I just returned from the Triumph 2 weeks ago and did the golf excursion at Cozumel (On the mainland actually) and it was great. This excursion was $165 which included cart, food, and drinks, and greens fees. It was $40 to rent clubs, shoes, and buy a glove and some balls. They rent Nike equipment which is fantastic. The 2 pros from the ship accompanied 7 of us (we weren't all together) on the trip and played with us. The best part is they give you lessons along the way if you want. This was worth the price of admission for me. We were the first ones on the tender and had our own area to sit on the tender. It was great and your husband would love it if he's a golfer. I didn't do the golf excursion in Ocho Rios but this didn't include food and drink but did include caddys. This one was $145 plus rentals.

They also have a nice golf simulator on board that we rented for an hour and got to play St Andrews. Cost was $60/Hr. They also had long drive contests and putting contests throughout the week.

Have a great time

Chris

Auburn, Maine

I'm debating about whether he'd want to be with the rest of our party (myself and a couple friends of ours) for the duration of the port stay or have a once-in-a-lifetime to play what looks like a beautiful course (Grand Cayman)?

Just noticed you mentioned the excursion for Grand Cayman. I assume it was the Hyatt one. The golf pros on our trip would not let anyone take this one due to the poor condition of the course. I had signed up for that one but they offered to change it to Cozumel or Ocho Rios. They got so many complaints about the condition of the course, that it became a problem so they have essentially cancelled this excursion.

Chris

Auburn Maine

Archived