Silver Origin Trip Report Feb 2023

AliceJ

20 minutes ago, MBP&O2/O said:

What about meat dishes? It is my understanding that there are strict controls on the importation of meat? Pre-packed? Vacuum packed? Part cooked?

Does this reflect the available choice?

I am also intrigued with the Ceviche comment .. could you supply examples?

Thanks

If you like ceviche, it is offered breakfast, lunch and dinner.  All different kinds.  Served with popcorn, of all things.

Yes, the importation of meat is controlled, but there are meat dishes available. Burgers, some other dishes. Overall it is a smaller menu than you would have on other cruises, but all the food was very good.  The ceviche is different than what we have here in the US. It's almost more like a soup.  The fish and spices vary daily. If you Google Ecuadorian Ceviche there are plenty of good examples that explain it better than I can. Definitely worth trying. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2023 at 6:05 AM, mvogel said:

Hi - a couple of further questions:

1) What's the laundry situation on board? 

2) Is the standard internet sufficient?  How much more is it to upgrade the wifi?

3) How's the flight on Latam?

I do not believe there are any laundry services on board, but we did not plan on using it anyway.

They were upgrading the internet to Starlink just after we left, but we did fine with the internet provided (and my husband did have to deal with work emails while we were onboard).

LATAM is fine. It's a relatively short flight, so there really isn't time for food/beverage services or other amenities.

No problem with the internet for emails and Facebook, wouldnt have had time to do much else.   LATAM is fine its only three hour flight anyway.   No launderette but laundry can be sent out via the butler and will return the same day if handed over before 9.00 and it comes back looking really lovely.