Passports expired ?

Cruisegirl6

9 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

Someone noted in your previous thread with this question that birth certificates do not expire.

Or, as Steven Wright used to quip - "I told her I knew when I was going to die because my birth certificate had an expiration date on it."

Edited by mahasamatman

7 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

Ge

Cruise lines will not let an individual board unless they have the required travel documents for each and every port-of-call of the planned itinerary. If a passenger shows up at check-in without the required visa, or passport they are denied boarding.  Just staying on the ship at the port-of-call in question is not an option.  We run into this situation every cruise day in Seattle where all the cruise ships have a stop in Canada.  Some foreign passport holders need a Canadian visa - if they arrive at embark in Seattle without the required Canadian visa - they are denied boarding, and there is zero options for them.

I hope your friend does their due diligence about what documents are needed on this particular cruise.

Not true for us on a recent Caribbean cruise. My BFF did not have a passport as required to disembark in Martinique. She WAS allowed to board Equinox in Fort Lauderdale for a 10 night cruise on 1/30/23 with only a birth certificate and drivers license. They told her at the embarkation/check-in desk she would have to stay on the ship in Martinique. They put a reminder letter on her door the night before that port. Though not allowed to go ashore in Martinique, she was allowed to enjoy the rest of the cruise. BTW, she had applied for a renewed passport it just didn't arrive in time.

• Like 1