6 Night Cruise

FOXYDEBBY

Maybe someone can help. I know I can call customer service 6 times and get 6 different answers. We are going on a 6 night cruise from Brazil. This is what the South American website says about Covid testing. 

7:20

where the traveler was immunized. The vaccination certificate must contain the name of the traveler, the name of the vaccine (or of the manufacturer), amount & dates of the doses applied.

COVID-19 TEST REQUIREMENTS:

For Cruises less than 6 nights:

• For fully vaccinated guests a COVID-19 antigen or RT-PCR test is strongly encouraged but not required.
  • For non-vaccinated guests (ages 3 years old or older) a COVID-19 antigen or RT-PCR test is required 24 hours before embarkation.

For Cruises longer than 6 nights:

• All guests (ages 3 years old or older) are required to provide a COVID-19 antigen or PCR-RT test 24 hours before embarkation.

Where will 6 nights fall? I figure we need to test and bought them already (to do the online antigen). My husband thinks it’s not needed because we are not more than 6 night. Anyone been in this situation? We board Saturday. 

Brazil has no such requirement for vaccinated visitors so I'm surprised MSC would require more than the government there does.  Per Timeatic: https://www.delta.com/us/en/travel-planning-center/find-your-destination/explore-top-destinations

But I'm with your husband. You are not sailing more than 6 nights (although I understand why you're asking.) But if you've already bought the tests, use them just in case.

The requirements for cruising here in Brazil are actually set by Anvisa who are the health authorityband separate to the requirements to enter the country.

The bit you quoted also continues with this for cruises 6 nights or longer:-

'Tests must be laboratory certified. A rapid antigen self-test is not valid for travel purposes.'

So my interpretation is that you will need to do a test at a pharmacy or lab here before sailing.

We did a three might cruise here in November so didn't need a test but they were thorough in checking vaccination status and insurance before letting us onboard.

Ha ha me again. I posted this on another thread which may help too (mixed font size again).

I have not used these but they say they can do tests at your hotel (Inc Sat & Sun) with results in six hours. Looks like they are geared to dealing with tourists.

You can contact on whatsapp so see how it goes.

https://neurolife.com.br/teste-rapido-para-covid-19-vira-trunfo-de-hoteis-para-atrair-turistas/

4 hours ago, rool said:

Ha ha me again. I posted this on another thread which may help too (mixed font size again).

I have not used these but they say they can do tests at your hotel (Inc Sat & Sun) with results in six hours. Looks like they are geared to dealing with tourists.

You can contact on whatsapp so see how it goes.

https://neurolife.com.br/teste-rapido-para-covid-19-vira-trunfo-de-hoteis-para-atrair-turistas/

Thanks. I have used the Binax Now tele video test before and since it is done with a live person at the other end, it is not considered a self test. I will use those just in case. It prints out with all of the required info. Not worried about the type of test, just if a 6 night cruise falls in less than 6 or more than 6 nights. My hubby found on another site where it said over 5 nights so we are gonna roll with that. (I plan to hoard early enough that if they don’t accept my test I will have time to get it done elsewhere).