July 2006 Holiday???

longislandgirl

Hi! I am pressed for time so I can't check all the boards...does anyone know if 7/28 is a special holiday in bermuda? I was reading up in Fodors book and they said that there are certain holidays where the island businesses shut down to celebrate? I was just wondering if anyone has any input on this and also tea time? THANKS!!!!!

Jen:confused:

Thank you so much!!! It is so cool to speak to someone who is in Bermuda!!! I think it was called Emancipation day/Somers day? cup match as well, but I am happy to hear that will be the week after we are there?! any more info? are there any waterfalls? we will be at the west end, we are a young couple and although family will be with us, can you tell me what I shouldn't miss? we only have from 9-5?

:D Jen

If you are in Bermuda for one day and docked at King's Wharf here are some good options:

Sunny day: Go to Horseshoe Bay (#7 bus) then after being there for a while go back to King's Wharf and wander around there and then spend the remaining time at Snorkel Park before getting back on the ship.

Cloudy/rainy day (hopefully it won't be): Get on the ferry to Hamilton and wander around/shop, take the #7 or #8 bus back to King's Wharf (takes a hour or so but at least you'll see more of Bermuda). Wander around King's Wharf before getting back on the ship.

• 4 weeks later...

"Swizzle" - we're coming to West End on July 22 and booked the EZ Rider bike tour through the ship from 10:00 - 12:30. We return from this tour @ 12:30 to Dockyard and hope to visit snorkel park for a couple hours. Is snorkel park within walking distance of the cruise ship pier and is it worth visiting? We have our own snorkel gear. Thanks!!!!

Is snorkel park within walking distance of the cruise ship pier and is it worth visiting? We have our own snorkel gear.

Yes it is within walking distance of the Dockyard pier and while the sand is not as nice as South Shore beaches I'd say it is a good place to visit as it has a bar and so forth. From the ship it is about a five minute walk. The snorkelling appears to be decent. Unlike other beaches you should wear water shoes or other foot protection though.

Archived