Playa Mia - purchase with our without transfers?

PrincessArlena'sDad

check out Resorts for a Day options for Playa Mia.  Some include transportation.  Also, check out excursions through Shoreexcurionsgroup.com.  They list choices for all ports.  

• Like 1

On 2/22/2023 at 4:07 PM, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

For our group of 8:

Purchasing without transfers, and paying for cab: $300

Purchasing with r/t transfers: $380

Thanks!

I think this just depends on what you think is more convenient for your group.

Personally, I prefer the excursions that include transfers, so I don't even have to think about that part of the back/forth.  However, do your research on if the included transfer gives you more than one allotted time or if you are limited to "x" number of hours at the Playa Mia.

The other factor to consider is which port you are at and who you buy your tickets from.

Off-site vendors, like Playa Mia are not allowed to pick up at the port so you have to walk off site to pick up Playa Mia transport and that location depends on which pier you are at. 

Cruise line probably has contracted transportation either via bus or individual taxi vans included.

Obviously if you just buy tickets directly you can purchase your own taxi to and from wherever you like. Prices are displayed on a board at the port.

We're on Carnival, and they don't have ship sponsored excursions to Playa Mia. So, it's either cab or walk to the pick-up site. 

For Carnival, I think the pier would be Puerta Maya?  Anyone know how much of a walk it would be to the pick-up site, compared to the walk to a taxi?

17 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

We're on Carnival, and they don't have ship sponsored excursions to Playa Mia. So, it's either cab or walk to the pick-up site. 

For Carnival, I think the pier would be Puerta Maya?  Anyone know how much of a walk it would be to the pick-up site, compared to the walk to a taxi?

The Playa Mia website isn’t specific but the Resort for the Day website states, Royal Village.

I would email Playa Mia to check if that is current.

Is taxi fare additional on your first post for the same entrance tickets?

Edited by c-leg5

4 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

The Playa Mia website isn’t specific but the Resort for the Day website states, Royal Village.

I would email Playa Mia to check if that is current.

Is taxi fare additional on your first post for the same entrance tickets?

Yes, it was $300 through shoreexcursioneer, and taxi fare would be additional, or $380 through shoreexcursiongroup.com, which included the r/t transfers from the Playa Mia meeting point. Same entrance tickets for both.

Shoreexcursioneer has a r/t transfer option available as an addon, but that was $15/person, which comes out more than what shorexcursiongroup is charging.

4 hours ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Yes, it was $300 through shoreexcursioneer, and taxi fare would be additional, or $380 through shoreexcursiongroup.com, which included the r/t transfers from the Playa Mia meeting point. Same entrance tickets for both.

Shoreexcursioneer has a r/t transfer option available as an addon, but that was $15/person, which comes out more than what shorexcursiongroup is charging.

I don’t know much about Carnival ships but I assume those in your signature are bigger and will do k at. puerta Maya? (Some smaller, older ships dock at Punta Langosta.)

Sounds like you are better off with your own taxi and save the walk?

Edited by c-leg5

21 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

I don’t know much about Carnival ships but I assume those in your signature are bigger and will do k at. puerta Maya? (Some smaller, older ships dock at Punta Langosta.)

Sounds like you are better off with your own taxi and save the walk?

I’m pretty sure Glory will be in Puerta maya. How far of a walk would it be to the Hard Rock Cafe, where the playa Mia booth is?

1 minute ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

I’m pretty sure Glory will be in Puerta maya. How far of a walk would it be to the Hard Rock Cafe, where the playa Mia booth is?

Opposite International  where Royal dock. You can do a virtual walk on Google maps.