Best way to do universal studios after cruise

Staci0615

We are cruising on princess and arriving to port on Saturday booked a hotel near LAX for Saturday night with a shuttle for our Sunday flight home    Want to go to universal studios on Saturday  is it doable and what would be the best way. Would want to drop off our luggage at the hotel but it will probably be to early to check in

Unless your flight the next day is before 8AM I would book a hotel in Hollywood, or even Universal itself (Hilton & Sheraton on property). To go to LAX hotel and then up to Universal will be very time consuming.

If you mean this Saturday, be aware of two things, a) Universal just opened a new land (Nintendo based) so the park could be slammed and b) there could be heavy rain on Saturday so maybe no one will be there but the foolish and the brave.

• Like 2

I think Scottca075 gave great advice.  I would add that imo Universal is more doable amusement park than some of the others in SoCal as you will be able to do most everything you want to do within the day (without the need to stay until it closes).  So if you did not get there right when they opened you would be okay.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, scottca075 said:

Unless your flight the next day is before 8AM I would book a hotel in Hollywood, or even Universal itself (Hilton & Sheraton on property)

Second this-- both the Hilton and Sheraton are nice places for theme park hotels and if the goal is to just do Universal it will eliminate your need for transportation. This is the most efficient way to do what you are proposing. 

• Like 1