Mercury Questions - cabin amenities concierge class

Southwest

Hi everyone,

We'll be sailing on the Mercury to the Mexican Riviera soon. We have a Concierge Class balcony cabin, our first time in CC and we're looking forward to the experience. Here are my questions I'm hoping for help with: Is there a separate hair conditioner, or is it in the shampoo? What other toiletries are included? Does the hairdryer work well (I have long hair so I'm a challenge) Do we order the evening hors dourves or do they just arrive? Is there a specific time they are delivered? Do we have a choice in what they send? Anything else you think we should know would be welcome as well. Thanks!

Is there a separate hair conditioner, or is it in the shampoo? What other toiletries are included? Does the hairdryer work well (I have long hair so I'm a challenge) Do we order the evening hors dourves or do they just arrive? Is there a specific time they are delivered? Do we have a choice in what they send? Anything else you think we should know would be welcome as well. Thanks!

No separate conditioner. Bring your own if you need it. There will be a wall dispenser of shampoo/conditioner, one of lotion, plus you will have trial sized ones, too. Q tips, kleenex, cotton balls are in all cabins, not just CC. The only difference is that CC gets the individual bottles.

Two hair dryers. The regular ship wall one, and a hand one. My daughter has long hair and just let hers dry naturally since it was too much hassle.

No, you don't have to order the canapes. They arrive around 5, but it could be at 4 or later. This is part of your CC steward's job and you do not have to tip him. He will deliver them whether you are in the room or not.

No choice, but you can tell your steward if you don't like what he gave you and maybe he will get imaginative. It might be easier just to order something from room service instead if you don't like them. We liked them.

The difficulty is that they are delivered via a cart with enough already prepared for every concierge class cabin.

I don't think the binoculars are "high powered." They are like the ones they offer you with your credit card "points" and are to me just a toy.

The cooled champagne is always welcome. If you don't drink it you can have it sent to the dining room to share with your table mates.

The breakfast menu is exclusive to CC & is very nice. You hang the breakfast order card on your door handle the evening before and check the approximate time you want it delivered. They will call before they come. No unexpected knocks on the door, or entry when not expected!~ The steward will serve this on your balcony, with table cloth, flowers, etc. Your own steward will bring this meal and you may tip him more at the end of the cruise if you wish. If a different steward brings a room service order, tip him/her on the spot.

Your chairs on the balcony will have padded seats. These are much more comfy than the plastic ones in regular balcony cabins!

The duvets are really nice, as are the pillow top mattresses, and the pillow menu.

The sofa will have throw pillows not found in the other veranda cabins. The effect of the decorations is a little better than standard. When my adult children entered the cabin they both said, "how nice. I thought it would be a hole in the wall, but this is big enough."

On your last night aboard there will be a leatherette bag in your room for you to take home with you, which may come in handy for your carry off bag if you want to check everything. This is in addition to the light weight large blue one everyone gets.

There will be a single flower in the bathroom and in the cabin, an arrangement which is really 5 small vases connected, with a single flower in each.

There is a little sewing kit which you may keep.

Deck 9 is a nice location, being only 1 deck below the buffet for a quick snack or juice, but a bit noisy in early morning with chairs being moved above you, so if you can get one on a different deck, do so if you are light sleepers. Deck 9 CC also has a very wide overhang so you cannot look directly up.

i know you'll love it.

No separate conditioner. Bring your own if you need it. There will be a wall dispenser of shampoo/conditioner, one of lotion, plus you will have trial sized ones, too. Q tips, kleenex, cotton balls are in all cabins, not just CC. The only difference is that CC gets the individual bottles.

Two hair dryers. The regular ship wall one, and a hand one. My daughter has long hair and just let hers dry naturally since it was too much hassle.

No, you don't have to order the canapes. They arrive around 5, but it could be at 4 or later. This is part of your CC steward's job and you do not have to tip him. He will deliver them whether you are in the room or not.

No choice, but you can tell your steward if you don't like what he gave you and maybe he will get imaginative. It might be easier just to order something from room service instead if you don't like them. We liked them.

The difficulty is that they are delivered via a cart with enough already prepared for every concierge class cabin.

I don't think the binoculars are "high powered." They are like the ones they offer you with your credit card "points" and are to me just a toy.

The cooled champagne is always welcome. If you don't drink it you can have it sent to the dining room to share with your table mates.

The breakfast menu is exclusive to CC & is very nice. You hang the breakfast order card on your door handle the evening before and check the approximate time you want it delivered. They will call before they come. No unexpected knocks on the door, or entry when not expected!~ The steward will serve this on your balcony, with table cloth, flowers, etc. Your own steward will bring this meal and you may tip him more at the end of the cruise if you wish. If a different steward brings a room service order, tip him/her on the spot.

Your chairs on the balcony will have padded seats. These are much more comfy than the plastic ones in regular balcony cabins!

The duvets are really nice, as are the pillow top mattresses, and the pillow menu.

The sofa will have throw pillows not found in the other veranda cabins. The effect of the decorations is a little better than standard. When my adult children entered the cabin they both said, "how nice. I thought it would be a hole in the wall, but this is big enough."

On your last night aboard there will be a leatherette bag in your room for you to take home with you, which may come in handy for your carry off bag if you want to check everything. This is in addition to the light weight large blue one everyone gets.

There will be a single flower in the bathroom and in the cabin, an arrangement which is really 5 small vases connected, with a single flower in each.

There is a little sewing kit which you may keep.

Deck 9 is a nice location, being only 1 deck below the buffet for a quick snack or juice, but a bit noisy in early morning with chairs being moved above you, so if you can get one on a different deck, do so if you are light sleepers. Deck 9 CC also has a very wide overhang so you cannot look directly up.

i know you'll love it.

I really don't want to burst anyones bubble, but with the exception of the bag, which is really nice, I couldn't see CC was all that special on Celebrity. The canapes were ok, but 3 times were repeats. I have cruised on another line that offered canapes one night, petir fours one night, etc. Each day was something different. Again, I don't want to sound like it's a waste of money, but don't expect it to be the best thing in your life either. NMnita ps the fresh flowers are cool

I enjoyed my CC ameneties on Summit. Larger room than regular balcony, slightly larger balcony. Nice duvet and pillow top was good. Bottle of sparkling wine and nice breakfast menu. Look here for more amenities and cabin layout. Not all amenities are listed. http://www.celebritycruises.com/plancruise/ships/cabinclass/cabintype/home.do;jsessionid=0000r-Hqalsj7kuQ8vC9yhDg61K:1051tg0lk?br=C&cabinType=CC&cabincls=B&shipCode=SM

Archived