Star Legend- How is it?

Nearpost345

We were on the Legend for the transatlantic in December. Everything was perfect. I have been on over 40 Windstar cruises and this was one of the best in terms of operations and service. Since the restart of cruising we have been on 5 sailings and there have certainly been some rough edges but the Legend seemed to have it together. Granted it was only about 50% of capacity so that helps. We will be rejoining the ship in march for the Fuerte Amador to Miami cruise which is currently sailing at about 70% capacity. Since a large portion of the crew embarked in Lisbon after the dry dock and before the crossing, I anticipate most of the crew will still be on the ship with the same quality of service. The captain will be rejoining the ship for the March 18 sailing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/26/2023 at 7:00 PM, r&rd said:

We were on the Legend for the transatlantic in December. Everything was perfect. I have been on over 40 Windstar cruises and this was one of the best in terms of operations and service. Since the restart of cruising we have been on 5 sailings and there have certainly been some rough edges but the Legend seemed to have it together. Granted it was only about 50% of capacity so that helps. We will be rejoining the ship in march for the Fuerte Amador to Miami cruise which is currently sailing at about 70% capacity. Since a large portion of the crew embarked in Lisbon after the dry dock and before the crossing, I anticipate most of the crew will still be on the ship with the same quality of service. The captain will be rejoining the ship for the March 18 sailing.

R&rd….. would love to hear what you think re current sailing.  We board Legend in Miami next week ……..I think you will have 1 or 2, maybe more stops in same ports, eg Belize City, Roatan, Costa Maya, Cozumel??  If so, would love to hear about any excursions experiences. 

Everything is going perfectly so far. The ship is sailing with 202 guests but I hear it will be fuller next sailing. We are in Limon and did the canal tour - saw lots of wildlife - howler monkeys, sloths, iguanas, lizards, birds. People who did the rain forest extravaganza also loved their tour. I’ll give updates as we sail along!

The cruise on the Legend has been great. Today things have shifted a bit. The seas have gotten very rocky and we were not able to dock in Costa Maya since the pilot refused to get on the ship. We are heading to Cozumel and will dock there at 4 pm today for an overnight stay. Also, the air conditioning is out for much of the ship - in addition, the mid ship elevator has not worked since we left port on embarkation day. 

1 hour ago, r&rd said:

The cruise on the Legend has been great. Today things have shifted a bit. The seas have gotten very rocky and we were not able to dock in Costa Maya since the pilot refused to get on the ship. We are heading to Cozumel and will dock there at 4 pm today for an overnight stay. Also, the air conditioning is out for much of the ship - in addition, the mid ship elevator has not worked since we left port on embarkation day. 

When you see Colin... tell him "Everyday is Good and the Rest are Better"
You will have a friend ! ! !

Dick

20 hours ago, 45640 said:

When you see Colin... tell him "Everyday is Good and the Rest are Better"
You will have a friend ! ! !

Dick

Colin says hi - you’re one of his favorite people!

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the March 29th cruise. We were in an SP. Best AC ever on a motor yacht. They do seem plagued with AC problems. Elevators functioning fine. Quite a few little things like fruits, veggies and alcohol were in poor supply or running out before halfway through the cruise. All minor stuff.

On a bright note, after no internet for 4 or five days, pretty sure Starlink was activated. The internet service was outstanding from about day 4 forward.