How long for NCL to refund cancelled excursion?

wtang

I called NCL on Thursday Feb. 23 because I wanted to change the time slot for my shore excursion.  The customer service rep said she couldn't change the existing booking, but she could cancel it and rebook the new time slot.  She said she would charge my credit card again for the new booking and the refund for cancelled boking would go back to my card.  Does anyone know how long it will take the refund to hit my card as a credit?  Right now I see both payments in my credit card transactions list.  There is no credit in the pending transactions yet.

We've done this a few times. In our experience, the refund hits our credit card in one to three weeks. Last year it took a week. A month ago, it took nearly three weeks. Same card used both times as it's our "cruising" earn me more airline miles card. And yes, y'all, we pay off our balances each month. 

• Like 1

For one of our recent cruises, NCL cancelled some ports, and likewise, our excursions.

The changes took place several weeks prior to the embarkation date.  I kept looking at our credit card account for the credits.  However, NCL had placed the credits for those excursions on our onboard accounts for that cruise.

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone for your replies to my question.  Just for closure I want to let everyone know the shore excursion refund just showed up as a pending credit on my credit card today.  Excursion cancelled last Thursday and refund shows as pending Monday... not bad.

• Like 2