Miracle covered pool

amcankid

First time going to Alaska.

We always wanted to cruise out of our hometown San Francisco. But cruising to San Diego or Ensenada doesn’t hold a lot of appeal. So instead of our usual Caribbean type of cruises (warm to hot weather), we’re going to Alaska in August. 

We love to swim in the pools as the water is swishing back and forth in the open ocean.  Has anyone here been on the Miracle when they covered the one pool area and if so was it warm enough to swim and get out? 

12 hours ago, amcankid said:

First time going to Alaska.

We always wanted to cruise out of our hometown San Francisco. But cruising to San Diego or Ensenada doesn’t hold a lot of appeal. So instead of our usual Caribbean type of cruises (warm to hot weather), we’re going to Alaska in August. 

We love to swim in the pools as the water is swishing back and forth in the open ocean.  Has anyone here been on the Miracle when they covered the one pool area and if so was it warm enough to swim and get out? 

I think in August it will be warm enough when it is covered.  We were on the Miracle in May to Alaska from San Fran and it was VERY cold.  I don't remember seeing the covered pool used that much.  However, I could be wrong.

Alaska was awesome. (even though it was cold for me, Florida blood)

Enjoy!

We were on the Miracle in July, 2022 for a 10 day cruise out of SF.  My kids were in both pools during the trip and the covered pool remained covered during the whole cruise.  The covered pool was in use by people everyday so I would assume it was warm enough.  I did not get in or feel the water to say for sure.

I will tell you that it was warm inside the covered area later in the day so I assume that shows it is warm.

On 2/28/2023 at 2:00 PM, hapytobehr said:

I think in August it will be warm enough when it is covered.  We were on the Miracle in May to Alaska from San Fran and it was VERY cold.  I don't remember seeing the covered pool used that much.  However, I could be wrong.

Alaska was awesome. (even though it was cold for me, Florida blood)

Enjoy!

Thanks. And even though we’re warm weather cruisers we’re looking forward to Alaska. Glad to hear your opinion (awesome)

amcankid, we did this cruise in May of 2022 and enjoyed our 3rd Alaskan cruise. We're from Connecticut, so the early May weather seemed WARM for us! Although we didn't use it, there were people in the covered pool throughout the cruise. We leave a link to an "album" showing what went on during the cruise (you might want to skip the first 26 showing our bus tour of San Francisco). If you'd like to see the full sized pictures just click on any. Enjoy your cruise!

OUR 2022 ALASKAN CRUISE

Edited by chocolate melting cake
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, chocolate melting cake said:

amcankid, we did this cruise in May of 2022 and enjoyed our 3rd Alaskan cruise. We're from Connecticut, so the early May weather seemed WARM for us! Although we didn't use it, there were people in the covered pool throughout the cruise. We leave a link to an "album" showing what went on during the cruise (you might want to skip the first 26 showing our bus tour of San Francisco). If you'd like to see the full sized pictures just click on any. Enjoy your cruise!

OUR 2022 ALASKAN CRUISE

Thanks for sharing. I am going this May. 

20 hours ago, chocolate melting cake said:

OUR 2022 ALASKAN CRUISE

Thanks so much!!

• 4 months later...

Just returned on July 6 from Alaska via SF and we love in the Bay Area too.  Kids used the pool every single day. They were open, both of them, and the slides were open daily as well! The weather was cold and windy. Inexplicably,  the pool was heated to the temp of the spa on the only warm day of the cruise. The next day, both the weather and pool were cold again. The covered pool area functions like a greenhouse. It stays pretty warm. The outdoor pool is another story for some of the time.

Every pic is a different day. They used the pool every day except for port days. And there were others in there as well. 

20230704_144207.jpg

20230629_165033.jpg

20230627_170134.jpg

20230626_151118.jpg