Booking ship tour as a gift - will it email the recipient?

bmsm6

We are going on Wonder with a big group in a few months. We are planning to book a ship tour as a gift for our parents. I have their reservation linked to ours. If I purchase it for them, will it send them an email confirmation? Hoping to time it so that they don't get an email confirmation before we have a chance to tell them about it. 🙂

Perhaps not an email, but it will show in their Royal app if they have downloaded it. A few days ago I made a dining reservation for members of our family group, and while I was the only one to get the email, it did appear on all of their apps. It wasn't intended to be a surprise in our case, so no harm done.

• Like 1

From experience, I was in my linked res cruise planner and wanted to book something for my friend (she made me her unofficial travel agent haha) with her card.....I selected her and her family and it showed up under her profile, but it emailed me the confirmation and charged my card (I was a dolt and didn't even realize that my card was already on the cruise planner, as I was expecting it to ask me for a card).  If they aren't app/cruise planner/planning people maybe it could work?