La Guardia toport transport question

HMSDingy

We booked a cruise on the Carnival Legend sailing out of New York on September 25th. We'll be flying into La Guardia from Montreal and were wondering which transport is more feasible; the Carnival shuttle or by cab. Would appreicate comments.

:confused:

I don't know what Carnival is quoting you for taking you from LGA to the pier; also, are you leaving from New Jersey, Brooklyn or Manhattan? If you're leaving out of Bayonne (Cape Liberty), take Carnival's shuttle - cab fare would be astronomical to go to New Jersey. Manhattan - take a yellow cab, plenty at the airport. Brooklyn - iffy. Traffic, etc.

We booked a cruise on the Carnival Legend sailing out of New York on September 25th. We'll be flying into La Guardia from Montreal and were wondering which transport is more feasible; the Carnival shuttle or by cab. Would appreicate comments.

:confused:

usually the price isn't an awful lot different, but it is convenience that counts.

Like the previous poster, a cab wouldn't be a good idea for Jersey, but could easily be done for Manhattan (or for Brooklyn).

Advantages of a cab over a shuttle - you can leave the air port as soon as you've collected your baggage, probably won't be arriving with a "pack" of people. Advantages of a shuttle over a cab - you will know ahead of time what the cost will be, won't have to wait on a taxi line, will generally have the shuttle bringing you back to the airport at the end of the cruise.

usually the price isn't an awful lot different, but it is convenience that counts.

Like the previous poster, a cab wouldn't be a good idea for Jersey, but could easily be done for Manhattan (or for Brooklyn).

Advantages of a cab over a shuttle - you can leave the air port as soon as you've collected your baggage, probably won't be arriving with a "pack" of people. Advantages of a shuttle over a cab - you will know ahead of time what the cost will be, won't have to wait on a taxi line, will generally have the shuttle bringing you back to the airport at the end of the cruise.

We have since changed our plans to sail on the Crown out of the Red Hook terminal. My TA told me that a one way ride on the Princess shuttle is $100 CAD per person. :eek: At that price I would be better off taking a cab.

We have since changed our plans to sail on the Crown out of the Red Hook terminal. My TA told me that a one way ride on the Princess shuttle is $100 CAD per person. :eek: At that price I would be better off taking a cab.

I just realized CAD is Canadian? I have no idea what the transfer rate is, but a cab from LGA or Kennedy to the Brooklyn terminal I think would be in the $40 - $50 (US) dollar range - not per person, but for two - not going to fit more with luggage probably. I had a cab paper that said what that area of Brooklyn would cost from the airport to the pier but can't find it, so I'm going on my memory of the flat rate. It cost us $35 from Kennedy to our home in "south" Brooklyn.

However, from the pier to the airport isn't a flat rate that I know of.

Archived