Question: UDP Wine Discount in WOTS Giovanni's Wine Bar

HSDerm348

Hello CC fans and stans!  We were recently on Odyssey and had the unlimited dining plan and used our 40% off wine to great effect for our first sailing with no drink package (we finally earned the drink coupons for being Diamond).  We primarily did this at Giovanni's Wine Bar (FYI if you like wine the staff on the Odyssey in this venue are phenomenal).

When we sailed Wonder last April ('22) we were told many times that you could NOT order food on the unlimited dining plan at the giovanni's wine bar as they claimed it is a beverage venue.  This is different than Odyssey where you most definitely CAN use the dining plan for the snacks and pizzas (I used it there both in January '22 and again in January '23).  

We didn't want the dining plan this upcoming cruise on the Wonder but we do want the wine discount and the 3 night option is sold out.  My question is this:  Does anyone know if you can use the dining plan's wine discount in Giovanni's Wine Bar (not the restaurant side) on the Wonder?  I'm not sure it's worth it if I can't use it in the wine bar and I'm concerned they will say they are a beverage venue and the rules technically say you get the wine discount "while dining."  If that's the case then I would just skip the dining package and the wine :).

Thanks for any help from anyone that knows!!

3 minutes ago, HSDerm348 said:

Hello CC fans and stans!  We were recently on Odyssey and had the unlimited dining plan and used our 40% off wine to great effect for our first sailing with no drink package (we finally earned the drink coupons for being Diamond).  We primarily did this at Giovanni's Wine Bar (FYI if you like wine the staff on the Odyssey in this venue are phenomenal).

When we sailed Wonder last April ('22) we were told many times that you could NOT order food on the unlimited dining plan at the giovanni's wine bar as they claimed it is a beverage venue.  This is different than Odyssey where you most definitely CAN use the dining plan for the snacks and pizzas (I used it there both in January '22 and again in January '23).  

We didn't want the dining plan this upcoming cruise on the Wonder but we do want the wine discount and the 3 night option is sold out.  My question is this:  Does anyone know if you can use the dining plan's wine discount in Giovanni's Wine Bar (not the restaurant side) on the Wonder?  I'm not sure it's worth it if I can't use it in the wine bar and I'm concerned they will say they are a beverage venue and the rules technically say you get the wine discount "while dining."  If that's the case then I would just skip the dining package and the wine :).

Thanks for any help from anyone that knows!!

Just announce today that C&A Diamond and above members get 40% off wine under $100 and 20% off wine over $100

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Just announce today that C&A Diamond and above members get 40% off wine under $100 and 20% off wine over $100

WHHHAAAATT????  Amazing news!   Now I can just buy my night at 150 Central Park and be done with it 🙂 Awesome!  Thank you.

• Like 1