Walk Ability

smwc71alum

2 hours ago, smwc71alum said:

How accessible are the following ports for the handicapped (walking) from the ship ?

Key West

Nassau

Freeport

Any golf carts, people runners etc ?02

Key west is walkable nice streets and sidewalks.

Nassau is a jacked up mess unless things have been fixed. It's been many years though.

Freeport ports in an industrial area so unless you taxi/tour out you are stuck in the main port shopping section.

I know Key West has carts not sure of the other 2 places.

2 hours ago, Sailin_Pirate said:

Nassau is a jacked up mess unless things have been fixed. It's been many years though.

Nassau is still a jacked up mess. They're in the middle of yet another redesign and construction of the port area (about the 5th one I've seen in the last 20 years). Roads are very uneven and I did not see any kind of shuttle from the ship into town when I was there last month.

5 hours ago, smwc71alum said:

How accessible are the following ports for the handicapped (walking) from the ship ?

Key West

Nassau

Freeport

Any golf carts, people runners etc ?02

Key West and Nassau are walkable if you are able-bodied enough. Most people walk around both. Been to Nassau plenty and have usually walked but last trip since my mother's surgery, a Taxi was better to get to Margaritaville were we did a day pass. It's a nice walk but would have been too much for her. Taxi less than $10. We did walk the few blocks of shops right in front the port. In Key West we rented a golf cart and it was a fun time. Parking was hard so usually one of us stayed in the cart and the other ran into whatever shop we were looking for. We did find parking near the big Walgreens and walked a few blocks there. 

Freeport, there is not much at the port but what there is all walkable. If you want to go outside the port area you need a taxi or an excursion. The port, as mentioned, is in their industrial area and you can't walk out the gate anywhere. Last trip there we stayed at the port and shopped and ate/drank at some of the stands.