Is Princess Dining Room Menu Changing

awinte2

We have just returned from a 7 day cruise on the Norwegian Prima.  They have a fixed menu everyday in their dining rooms.  We so enjoy eating in the dining room with the same waiter every night however rethinking Norwegian in the future as there s not enough choice on the menu.  No we did not starve but I think it is a way to have their customers upgrade to the alternative restaurants. 

I am hearing rumbles that Princess is thinking of this as it certainly is less expensive for the cruiseline.

We love Princess as we find their selection of food great in the dining rooms and they still offer lobster and beef wellington on dress up night.

We last sailed in  August last year on a 15 day so if there has been any changes please let me know .

Thanking in advance for your responses.

19 minutes ago, travelin.sisters said:

there is a very active, current thread about the new dining room menus that would provide a lot of info on this for you...

Link for the OP?

I think this is where all the mainstream lines are heading.  Less options and less costly included food in the MDR.  I don't know if Princess can go quite as far in pushing specialty restaurants because they do not have as many specialty restaurants as the other cruise lines.  I do believe they will start having "premium" dishes in the MDR for a upcharge that is less than what specialty dining costs.

7 minutes ago, talkorpi said:

Link for the OP?

...I figured that the OP could do a search for it as easily as I could & it was sufficient to let them know that it was out there with a lot of information...if someone wants to find & post it for them that would be beyond kind...

• Like 2

Just my 2c:

Go to any of the Live Threads and see those menus to see that it does vary (albeit less variation than before) every day. Here's the thread Malba was referring:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Just my 2c:

Go to any of the Live Threads and see those menus to see that it does vary (albeit less variation than before) every day. Here's the thread Malba was referring:

I believe that is our dinner menu as well on Sky tonight (not a formal night).

We didn't sail Princess until September 2022 so I have essentially no history but we do have plenty of Carnival experience. I can tell you beef tenderloin would only be formal night, and zero chance Beef Wellington is served at all. On Princess this is an average day's menu and tenderloin has been available for lunch as well. Yes, I know we're paying a premium over Carnival but we have been more than happy with the food choices on Princess compared to Carnival but we don't have the history others do. My wife and I both agree the buffets on Princess are either as good as or often better than the average Carnival MDR quality wise.

• Like 3

Thankyou to all who have replied.  As someone  commented  earlier Norwegian has also gone to charging a premium for items in the dining room.  I hope Princess does not go this route but time will tell. For new cruisers they will not know the difference but to us seasoned cruisers we will certainly miss the good old days.

I sailed the Sky Princess three  weeks ago. I think we had the "new menu's"

The menu's changed every night and there were plenty of options. A few items were available every day, like salmon and chicken breast, and lasagna. One of our friends ordered the lasagna 4 nights out of 7 because he liked it so much.  Beef wellington was offered on two different nights and it was delicious. I enjoyed duck one night. There were a lot of fish dishes, and a nice prime rib on the the final night of the cruise. Fettuncini Alfredo was offered as an appetizer on a few nights. My husband asked to have a dinner portion because he didn't care for any of the entree selections, and they obliged.  my husband had a different kind of creme brulee every night, and it was outstanding. Chocolate souffe with warm vanilla sauce, pork tenderloin, yankee pot roast, and a seafood in puff pastry appetizer are in the photos. 

We tried to get a ressie for the Crown Grill, but they were all booked up, but I honestly didn't miss it because we were happy with the food and service in Cielo.  

IMG_8876.jpeg

IMG_8856.jpeg

IMG_8815.jpeg

IMG_8737.jpeg

IMG_8736.jpeg

IMG_8738.jpeg

• Like 1