Recos for quiet beach day

hoadred

Hi all - would really appreciate your advice for my upcoming port day in St Thomas on March 22  (sailing on Regal Princess to Havensight I believe). I’ll be solo and essentially looking for a comfortable chill beach day.  Quiet beach, cozy chairs, bathrooms, outdoor showers, lots of shade and tiki bar/restaurant. Happy to pay for a day pass. (My all time fav beach experience so far is Nachi Cocom in Cozumel). 

Thank you in advance for suggestions and apologies if this has been covered recently.

You might want to consider taking the ferry to St John and go to the Caneel Bay Beach Club at Honeymoon Beach. Quiet relaxation is the intent of that beach.  

I posted the info and video in another thread, but will post again here.

• Thanks 1

Nothing on STT like you find on Coz, but there are some very nice beaches on STT. Busy day as usual with 5 ships in port, but not a problem.

Most day visitors looking for the amenities you request just hop a shared safari taxi and head to Sapphire or Lindbergh Bay (aka Emerald Beach). However there are 2 ships docked in Crown Bay which is close to Lindbergh. But you can find a ton of feedback on the STT beaches in this forum…

I see you are in port from 10 - 10 and makes going to STJ per MS411’s suggestion a great option. Not sure how quiet it will be, but if the reviews don’t look great you can come back for other ideas 😄

• Thanks 1

Yes that is what I’ve read…Free use of the beach of course, otherwise $25 for a lounge chair, $75 for a chair and use of facilities for 4 hours, and other options listed on their site -

https://www.caneelbaybeachclub.com/

So yes the half-day pass at $75 with no food or drinks is much more expensive than the popular all-inclusive beach clubs like Nachi Cocom at $59/pp. But HB is gorgeous, and definitely a nice day being on the island…And the staff speaks better English! ☺️

Edited by blue_water
  • Thanks 1