What to do in....

My husband and I are looking to go on the 10 night Med cruise on the Galaxy. I was wondering if you could tell me the highlights in Naples, Mykonos, Santorini, Valleta, Barcelona, and Villefrance. We like to be active when in ports and also enjoy going to the beach if there are any you could recommend that would be great! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wedcruiser:
My husband and I are looking to go on the 10 night Med cruise on the Galaxy. I was wondering if you could tell me the highlights in Naples, Mykonos, Santorini, Valleta, Barcelona, and Villefrance. We like to be active when in ports and also enjoy going to the beach if there are any you could recommend that would be great! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can't help with particular beaches,but as far as your ports just go back on this board,and you will find lots of answers fro things to do and see.

Karen
Ü

Just my opinion, but I think you're going to be disappointed in most of the beaches in the areas that you mentioned if you've ever been to the Caribbean or Hawaii. With all the great art, architecture, and museums in those cities, I would go for that and do a beach trip separately.

Hope you have a great time,
Donna

Many are truly surprised when they find that most of the beaches in the Med do not measure up to the fabulous beaches in the Eastern US and Caribbean. However, Mykonos does have some nice beaches which you can access via a taxi or public bus from town. There are also beaches on the Riviera (nothing great) and you can find a few beaches on Santorini. However, most don't go on Med cruises looking for a beach vacation (much different than the Caribbean). Besides Mykonos, we like the beaches on Rhodes. Mallorca, Minorca, and many of the small Ionian Islands/

Hank

Archived