Single entry or multiple entry visa for Vietnam River Cruise

BJinNM

A question about Visas. Has anyone done a Mekong River trip?  We fly to Hanoi, then leave Vietnam and fly to Cambodia. We then board a boat in Cambodia and go down the Mekong to Ho Chi Minh City. My question is does anyone know if that is considered a single entry into Vietnam or do we have to get a full year, multientry visa. Cambodian visa is simple, but since we don’t fly back into Vietnam but are on the ricer which runs through Cambodia directly into Vietnam. I am so confused what I need. The River Cruise company just referred me to the website of their favorite visa company, so that is no help. There is a huge amount of difference in cost and whether we need to hire a company. Argh!

9 hours ago, BJinNM said:

A question about Visas. Has anyone done a Mekong River trip?  We fly to Hanoi, then leave Vietnam and fly to Cambodia. We then board a boat in Cambodia and go down the Mekong to Ho Chi Minh City. My question is does anyone know if that is considered a single entry into Vietnam or do we have to get a full year, multientry visa. Cambodian visa is simple, but since we don’t fly back into Vietnam but are on the ricer which runs through Cambodia directly into Vietnam. I am so confused what I need. The River Cruise company just referred me to the website of their favorite visa company, so that is no help. There is a huge amount of difference in cost and whether we need to hire a company. Argh!

Hi, We are doing that same cruise with Emerald later this month. We got a single entry eVisa to enter Hanoi, getting the visa for Cambodia at the airport and got the 2nd eVisa for returning to Vietnam. It took 5 days to get the first evisa and almost 3 weeks to get the second one. We didn't want to get the 2nd one until we got the first one in case there were problems. We didn't go through the company, just got it online as there is a huge saving.