Carnival Bon Voyage Gift

Mark

I have a letter from Carnival's president's office that states I will be provided with a $50 onboard credit on my next Carnival cruise. In addition, they will provide me with a Bon Voyage gift that will be delivered to my cabin.

My question to you Carnival cruisers is what can I expect as the Bon Voyage gift? I would hope that it is something usefule like a 6 pack of beer, bottle of wine of bottle of champagne? I hope that it is not a basket of fruit or snack platter! Can I request that they provide some free alcoholic refreshments?

Please advise if you have experience with Carnival on this Bon Voyage Gift issue.:confused:

I have cruise with Carnival several times prior to this cruise but the gift and onboard credit resulted from a letter of complaint that I sent to Dickinson about problems on my Valor Cruise.:cool:

Yes I was on the 5/22 Valor and that was the cruise that we all shared such unpleasant experiences on embarkation and disembarkation as well as my not so helpful waiter...I got the $50 and gift as a result of sending a letter in that documented my complaints...this year I am sailing on the Legend

My letter/s were complaints about embarkation, debarkation and as a result having to pay to change my flight out the day of debarkation (crazy me, thought a 2:15 flight would be safe, :rolleyes: LOL). I'm tempting fate by attempting Miami again and sailing on the Triumph next April. Have fun on your Legend trip! :)

Do they only give Bon Voyage gifts if you complain? How about if you send a nice compliment?

My dh and I were given a cruise on CCL and had such a good time that my dsis and cousin and their husbands all decided to go with us on another cruise the following year. I email CCL and told them what a wonderful experience we had and were looking forward to cruising with them again along with extended family. I really did not expect anything from them but figured it would be nice if we all got a little photo coupon or something. None of us got anything...I only got a standard reply.

It would be nice if CCL would give a little reward to the people that compliment them on a job well done.

Has anyone here received any perks if they didn't complain? Just wondering.

We had problems on our Miracle Sailing out of tampa - just after the superbowl in 2005. We got the same letter and since I was/am pregnant at the time of our next sailing we received the photo coupon since the alcohol would have gone to waste. My daughter also received a bag of stuffed ocean animals as her bon voyage gift (not sure if it was related or not but it was still REALLY cool for an almost 3 year old to find something for her in our cabin!)

Just wondering...are these gifts provided by Carnival or your TA? I assume those receiving them have cruised many many times???

Ours was from Carnival, there is a card that came with it. When we received one from our TA it was clearly noted on the card.

Do they only give Bon Voyage gifts if you complain? How about if you send a nice compliment?

My dh and I were given a cruise on CCL and had such a good time that my dsis and cousin and their husbands all decided to go with us on another cruise the following year. I email CCL and told them what a wonderful experience we had and were looking forward to cruising with them again along with extended family. I really did not expect anything from them but figured it would be nice if we all got a little photo coupon or something. None of us got anything...I only got a standard reply.

It would be nice if CCL would give a little reward to the people that compliment them on a job well done.

I sent a letter to Carnival thanking them for a wonderful cruise. When I called 45 days prior to sailing, like they instruct you to do, they didn't give me gift options........I had read that on here.......but we received 4 coupons for free drinks on the first day of our cruise.

I have a letter from Carnival's president's office that states I will be provided with a $50 onboard credit on my next Carnival cruise. In addition, they will provide me with a Bon Voyage gift that will be delivered to my cabin.

My question to you Carnival cruisers is what can I expect as the Bon Voyage gift? I would hope that it is something usefule like a 6 pack of beer, bottle of wine of bottle of champagne? I hope that it is not a basket of fruit or snack platter! Can I request that they provide some free alcoholic refreshments?

Please advise if you have experience with Carnival on this Bon Voyage Gift issue.:confused:

SUPER! Now WHY do you think you got this letter? I hope the president isnt' going to expect FAVORS from you :eek:

Fourcruisin:

I wrote a complimentary letter to CCL after my last cruise, and received a bon voyage gift letter in the mail a few months later. I really wasn't expecting that!! My 45 day mark was yesterday, so I called, and was given a list of things to pick from...I was shocked! I certainly didn't expect that...I think the choices I was given included Red or White Wine, Champagne, photo coupons, cookies, soda coupons, or bar couponsr. Since I don't drink wine or Champange, I chose the bar coupns! So yes, a complimentary letter can get you the same (or similar) result!

I sent an overall complimentary letter with only one nitpick (boat drill was too close to the first dinner seating, so that we ended up late for dinner). I received a very nice response and the "call 45 days before your next cruise" offer. A little more than two months to think about what we would like....

Archived