Cave Tubing for older woman?

ucfan

Dahling...my vote is yes...especially if she is the adventurous type. Our cave tubing group included 9 women ages 58-78 and we did fine ....Bear in mind we are all 'walkers' at home and most of us love the water. We had 2 non-swimmers who wore life jackets and were placed up front near the guide. We had a blast & would do it again in a New York minute!

We just went tubing 2 weeks ago, and had a woman in her early 70's with us. When our guide confirmed that the group wanted to walk the extra 8 minutes to go through the 2nd cave, she was the first to say yes! The hardest part of the walk is near the beginning, the rest is fine. I'm in my early 40's but quite out of shape, and I did fine.

A big hint however. Do NOT do the ship excursion if you're worried about the tubing part of it. We went with Yhony at Cavetubing.com and were taken care of completely! Like an earlier poster said, once you're in the tube, they do all the work. We watched the ship excursion people when they entered the water (as we were coming out of our 1st cave, that they never got to do). There must have been 100-200 people! They were all just going in on their own; very chaotic. Our guides just led our little "train" of tubes right by them, and kept us in the safer currents. With Cavetubing.com you get 2 caves, plus go down-river farther than the cruise tours, and it was half the price (we paid $45 pp, the ship-RCI Legend of the Seas- was charging $98!). With these guys, as long as you are walkers like someone above mentioned, go for it! It was the highlight of our cruise.

Archived