Wheelchair availability at Southampton port

Does anyone know where the wheelchairs are located at the Southampton port.  I feel between waiting to board the ship and the walk from the port area to the ship it could be a long way so I'd like to have the option of being in a wheelchair.  I'll have a wheeled carry-on, a c-pap machine and a purse, so it could be pretty cumbersome for a long walk. I just want to be prepared.

At the entrance to the terminal building staff will direct you to the wheelchair assisted boarding area.

What ship are you cruising on? As if you know which company is providing port services for that ship you may be able to prearrange wheelchair assistance. 

For example if you are sailing on Anthem of the Sea you need to contact Intercruises to prearrange wheelchair assistance.

AFAIK the port does not provide wheelchairs. There will be some on the ship, but that would require someone to bring it down for you and would have to be arranged in advance.

My wife uses her own chair and assistance is generally excellent. We also jumped the queue when boarding.