Current Cruisers on Azamara Quest... did ship provide needed VISA in Vietnam?

C-sea

Good Day! 

We will be boarding in Tokyo on April 18th with calls in two Vietnam ports. I would appreciate someone currently on Azamara Quest which has docked in Vietnam this week to share the protocol for the required visa for that country.

Thank you! 

17 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I've a couple of friends on Quest now from Ireland and yes, the ship will sort the visas.  This was certainly how it was when I was last there on Azamara, but that was a few years ago. 

Phil 

Hah 😂😂 ‘our friend’ just replied to my message Phil !  
Yes the ship can do the visas but they did their own from home! 
How good is it to have a finger on the pulse ! 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I've a couple of friends on Quest now from Ireland and yes, the ship will sort the visas.  This was certainly how it was when I was last there on Azamara, but that was a few years ago. 

Phil 

Hi Phil,

Thank you for responding so quickly!

Did your friends tell you this updated info...  since they boarded Quest? I believe the ship (looking at cruise mapper) is currently in Da Nang. Since the change of Azamara ownership, I'm concerned the current ways of handling logistics, may be different. I have read we are supposed to "do it ourselves" but not wanting to pay unnecessary middleman costs, we have been trying to fill out the form on the site Vietnam Embassy in U.S.A., but it is confusing, not clear how to pick from (too many) choices that are offered in the pull down menus, the correct answer they are looking for!  Anyway... if the ship will do it, that would be preferred and truly helpful!

3 minutes ago, combine said:

Hah 😂😂 ‘our friend’ just replied to my message Phil !  
Yes the ship can do the visas but they did their own from home! 
How good is it to have a finger on the pulse ! 

Hi Combine,

Thank you for responding! If you would be so kind to ask... Would your friend's assessment be... we are fine to rely on Quest in April/May 2023 to provide this VISA for us, understanding there is a cost, can you ask them how much per person. I truly Thank you!

4 minutes ago, C-sea said:

Hi Combine,

Thank you for responding! If you would be so kind to ask... Would your friend's assessment be... we are fine to rely on Quest in April/May 2023 to provide this VISA for us, understanding there is a cost, can you ask them how much per person. I truly Thank you!

Of course, I will ask her to ask for you.  There might be someone that may also have those details for you as well.. 
She has just been telling me that Ho Chi Minh was fantastic and the Azamazing evening was one of the best ever. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, C-sea said:

Hi Combine,

Hot off the press…. $20 and taken from obc. They did ships tours and thoroughly recommend them in HCM, they did Journey to Mekong Delta.

Edited by combine
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/5/2023 at 10:38 PM, combine said:

Hot off the press…. $20 and taken from obc. They did ships tours and thoroughly recommend them in HCM, they did Journey to Mekong Delta.

I was on that cruise too and can confirm the ship organised the Visa for $20 USD per head and the cost added to your onboard account but in our case was covered by the $300 OBC everyone received due to upgrading of the internet (which was done on the first day of the cruise) and then we also all were give free unlimited internet for the remainder of the cruise.  

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hoping someone currently on Quest can ask guest relations... will the April 18th cruisers for  "Springtime in Asia" onboard Quest be able to procure a Vietnam visa on the ship. So far the intel has been mixed, so I'm asking for the most updated and current info. Thank you.

13 hours ago, C-sea said:

Hoping someone currently on Quest can ask guest relations... will the April 18th cruisers for  "Springtime in Asia" onboard Quest be able to procure a Vietnam visa on the ship. So far the intel has been mixed, so I'm asking for the most updated and current info. Thank you.

As I mentioned before in March 2023 visas were organised by Quest for Vietnam ($20),  I should also add that when we visited Vietnam on the Quest 11 years ago the visas then were also organised by the ship ($6).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Bpos said:

As I mentioned before in March 2023 visas were organised by Quest for Vietnam ($20),  I should also add that when we visited Vietnam on the Quest 11 years ago the visas then were also organised by the ship ($6).

Thank you Bpos, I do appreciate your answer. I am asking again because Azamara land office information has said they are not providing the visas for our cruise and we currently do not have this needed Vietnam visa. I am hoping a cruiser that is currently on "Japan Intensive" can ask the onboard personnel if they will be able to obtain Vietnam visas for the April 18th "Springtime in Asia" Voyage for their passengers. I have found during past cruises on many cruise lines, the onboard crew is much more informed and receptive to their cruisers needs, than their land office staff.  Right now the Azamara land office workforce appears to be almost nonexistent. My best chance for a updated answer is a real time inquiry from a cruiser on board Quest now. I hope someone will be able to help that is CURRENTLY on Quest. Thank you in advance!

On 3/31/2023 at 10:09 AM, C-sea said:

I asked the Guest Relations Manager on Pursuit and he contacted the documentation officer on Quest and was told that the Vietnam visa will be done onboard.

• Thanks 2