MSC Poesia questions

lucas34

Hi, has anyone cruised on MSC Poesia recently? I would have asked for tips, what is the quality of the food on board? Are there noticeable cost cuts somewhere? Can you still buy the Easy package on board and is the price same as before the cruise/do they offer any special price during embarkation day? Can tips be adjusted onboard? Is it worth paying the difference of 400 euros for a 2-week cruise between inside fantastica vs bella balcony?  If you have a bella, is there any chance tour dinner time as well as the size of the table, I'm a Solo cruiser?

This cruise will end in Stockholm, but I need to leave the ship one day earlier in Helsinki, can I do that event that I will pay my cruise ticket up to Stockholm?

1 hour ago, lucas34 said:

Hi, has anyone cruised on MSC Poesia recently? I would have asked for tips, what is the quality of the food on board? - The Poesia is an older ship. Food is subjective. It trends to the European, mostly Italian comfort food. As the ship is older there may be some less variety, especially on the buffet, and if it is an European sailing, dinner buffet will be less appealing than on other lines by default once for most Europeans dinner on holiday would to be a social event with conversation around a table served meal. Are there noticeable cost cuts somewhere? - I haven't cruised after covid, but I know ships are understaffed industry wise and not only MSC. Expect some more time to have a drink, some less entertainment features, and the likes. Better days will come, but for now, we must to adjust some expectations. Can you still buy the Easy package on board and is the price same as before the cruise/do they offer any special price during embarkation day? - Yes, you can, but if you pay onboard you'll have an additional 15% service charge, and depending on the country where you are departing from, even an additional state VAT. In most places to purchase online compensates, even if a special is on offer. Can tips be adjusted onboard? - For most markets the service charge is mandatory right now and possibly included in your base fare. Is it worth paying the difference of 400 euros for a 2-week cruise between inside fantastica vs bella balcony? - If you want a better cabin location and some more flexibility on dinner times, yes. Be aware that some Bella balconies on the Poesia are really the ones on deck 8 with the lifeboats as a view.  If you have a bella, is there any chance tour dinner time as well as the size of the table, I'm a Solo cruiser? - Better chances with Fantastica, even though most tables on the older ships are big ones. Even on Bella, hey'll to arrange a way to put you preferably with people from your same nationality.

This cruise will end in Stockholm, but I need to leave the ship one day earlier in Helsinki, can I do that event that I will pay my cruise ticket up to Stockholm? - Maybe, but you need to arrange that beforehand, so please contact them.

Have your answers in Blue and have a nice day!...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Nunagoras said:

Have your answers in Blue and have a nice day!...

Thank you so much for all your info.

At this time I have 2 offers for that cruise; fantastica inside 880e or bella balcony 1260e. If I can ask you advise should I go for inside or balcony?

Travelling alone I usually enjoy have dinner table just for me and late sitting. Do you know if MSC Poesia has any table for 2 or they only have big tables? 

Have a nice day you too!

2 hours ago, lucas34 said:

Thank you so much for all your info.

At this time I have 2 offers for that cruise; fantastica inside 880e or bella balcony 1260e. If I can ask you advise should I go for inside or balcony?

Travelling alone I usually enjoy have dinner table just for me and late sitting. Do you know if MSC Poesia has any table for 2 or they only have big tables? 

Have a nice day you too!

Considering that at Bella balcony on Poesia, you'd very likely to be on a very obstructed view balcony, I'd to pick the inside Fantastica and save the extra money for everything else. Fantastica inside are usually cabins on decks 9-12, if my memory sticks, somewhat to the back of the ship.

As per tables, if their structure is the same they had back in the day when the ship was new, and when I sailed her, they have very few 2 tops tables, mostly by the entrance, mostly for individuals in wheelchairs. Things may have changed though. Either way; at booking time you can ask them to, at least put you in same language table because they use to at least honor that.

Have a nice day!...

Very difficult questions. The rules for guests from your country you better take from MSCs website for your country. If they have one. At least for Sweden they have and the swedish cannot delete (or adjust) the tips. If you have a Schengen passport leaving in Helsinki should not be a problem.

If you want the easy package you better buy it at the time of booking. The only time you might get a promo offer. Again no idea if they have drinks promos for your specific market.

Edited by perakcruiser
  • Like 1