Arvia Appreciation Thread

1 hour ago, Son of Anarchy said:

When we were on Iona last year November, Olive Grove was coming up on the "app" as fully booked after a few days.  One evening we asked the member of staff at the podium outside Olive Grove about that and were told that they had stopped using the "app", but we could book directly with them.  We asked about later than evening (it was about 20:00ish), and went for the pager option.  Buzzer went off in about 15 minutes.  Might be worth speaking with the staff at the podium.

Yes might try that. 

56 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

When we were on Iona last year November, Olive Grove was coming up on the "app" as fully booked after a few days.  One evening we asked the member of staff at the podium outside Olive Grove about that and were told that they had stopped using the "app", but we could book directly with them.  We asked about later than evening (it was about 20:00ish), and went for the pager option.  Buzzer went off in about 15 minutes.  Might be worth speaking with the staff at the podium.

How ridiculous, I don't suppose people were told that the app was down. The moral of the story is never to trust P&O's IT

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Bill Y said:

How ridiculous, I don't suppose people were told that the app was down. The moral of the story is never to trust P&O's IT

They should have put a note on the app.

• Haha 1

On 4/1/2023 at 1:57 PM, JDB78 said:

...Imo, the reasonable conclusion seems to be that you shouldn't really book a cruise on such a large ship that will have such a wide range of people, then complain about the experience. There are obviously the older smaller ships and other cruise lines. I'm sure P&O are trying to charge the most they can to fill the ships, but its just not feasible to both fill them, but keep the class levels as they once were. 

Completely agree with you. As someone who is convinced that the two newest ships are too big and provide a very different experience to Aurora and Arcadia, I'm not even remotely thinking about sailing on them. I very much don't want to be one of those people saying "oh it's too big and busy for me". Can't understand how the size and style of the ships surprise anyone. There's enough information out there.

• Like 1