TxTeach79's GLORY-OUS 3/12 Spring Break NOLA LIVE

TxTeach79

1 minute ago, TxTeach79 said:

Someone just hit a Royal at the poker table for 4k

You guys need to stop this nonsense right NOW! When you are getting off we will be getting on and you guys are sucking up all the good luck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Wayan forgot about my no salt rule half way through, but it’s okay. He’s earned some leeway. Also, WE DID IT AGAIN! 

F34CDB39-1744-4883-B8CF-86ECBFC0EF70.thumb.jpeg.1f08e63106e29a5d1067bb2272ac422d.jpeg

6B500DE7-ADDC-47CC-BA1F-76A719C77F75.thumb.jpeg.fc5997b785e904038af7e807e6a0a245.jpeg

I don't know how you do it. I can do 15, but not do 15 and get up as early as you did today.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Are they the best quesadillas I’ve ever had? Far from it. Are they piping hot? Did they get here in under twenty minutes? Absolutely yes to both. Well done, app room service. Well done. 

BAFAD03C-9886-4F15-A755-978206F4CD9D.thumb.jpeg.f11bde045ff160e0a97753eeaf955b72.jpeg

They do tend to be very dry. One of those little containers full of salsa would do wonders. But, when your stomach needs a sponge they do the job.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, aztekpm said:

Hmmm looks like they're doing boxes now instead of plates & covers. Wonder if that's going to all ships?

had the same thought. It was still the plates and domes on MG in January. Both times I’ve gotten food delivered so far the girl had a bunch of those boxes on a cart. But I did notice someone get food delivered the old fashioned way in Skybox last night, I meant to post it 

Adding on: was gonna post it here but wifi is a huge struggle right now from the cabin and I can’t. TBD. Kinda surprising at 6:30a, can’t be a ton of folks on 

• Like 4

You know you had a wild night partying with new friends at the bar when you open up your browser the next day and you have Igor Kokoskov’s wiki page up from the night before. We all ball out differently, my friends. 

ADCBDE82-6190-42DB-8220-B4CC538B12E2.thumb.png.0e4f01b5ab1f4e8a151c439618f87080.png

• Haha 5

Don’t love that the Mega Deck Party is tonight before our first early port stop. I get that it’s a Getaway Island tie in, but still. I dig the deck parties, but I also wanted to call it early tonight. TBD. 

• Like 2

On the Celebration a couple weeks back the room service was delivered in boxes too. It is such a shame that after 10pm the food options are almost non existent. The Celebration had 6300 passengers on i and the only options were, as you know, pizza and room service. I miss the midnight buffets and options!!

Now I did order buffalo chicken wings one night for $7 as one of the kids was sick and I missed dinner. A huge wing guy here so my expectations were very low. Wow was I wrong! They were delivered in about 12 minutes and the temp was scorching hot! 8 Jumbo wings with carrots and celery. So good I ordered them again the next night.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Woodford was my go to on a few ships after Covid when they couldn’t get Buffalo Trace. I love Woodford, I’m just a BT guy. Now, on the Horizon, Panorama, and Excel class? Pig & Anchor is a bourbon wonderland at sea 

Has Carnival/P&A brought back the Blanton's yet? Pre-covid cruise in 2020 I collected the B-L-A-N-T horse toppers on the Panorama and still need a couple more. Was hoping on the Celebration I could come across some more to complete the set.

• Like 2

Can’t remember the name of the thing they had on the MG’s RFTB menu, like a non alcoholic fun ship basically. It was great, but the regular RFRB’s don’t have that menu. I could have asked about it, but it’s too early for all that. This’ll do. 

B0951741-FB9D-47A1-B8A8-32D1FB090EA1.thumb.jpeg.98f3d516053372d2ee3eda45ce26b8b0.jpeg

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, VictorWI said:

Has Carnival/P&A brought back the Blanton's yet? Pre-covid cruise in 2020 I collected the B-L-A-N-T horse toppers on the Panorama and still need a couple more. Was hoping on the Celebration I could come across some more to complete the set.

good question. I had Blanton’s in the P&A on Horizon last March. I honestly don’t recall if they had it on MG, but I don’t think so or I probably would have had some. Don’t think any bars here on Glory would have it unless the Emerald Room is hoarding a bottle 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, icft said:

One of my pet peeves are the couples where one gambles while the spouse sits next to them just watching and taking a machine out of play. I've seen some couples constantly do this over multiple nights. Those lost puppies with no self identity are so pathetic. Those are the folks who put the chair in your room in the position you found it.

I play table games.  Mostly Roulette and Craps.  Occasionally BlackJack.  I will sit next to my wife while she plays slots so we can hang out together.  HOWEVER, I am very observant and will offer to get up if ANYONE remotely looks like they want to play.  

Sidenote:  I've never sat in a chair staring at a bed.  LMAO  🙂 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 6