How to access Elite tier internet benefit (90minutes) & purchase internet package after?

888sydney

Hi,

Going 1st time on celebrity… we are Elite reciprocal from Caribbean…

Understand that I can use complimentary 90mins first. 
If I purchase an internet package say after day 4 with 7 days to go.

Do I still get 30% discount?

Is there still a package available on board after a few days after departure?

Is the package price per days left?

anyone knows price per day?

thanks

• Like 1

I asked the same question om another thread but got no responses. Hopefully someone who bought internet package after using their 90 min.Elite perk would share their experience....

---

I was planning to pre-book a one-device premium wi-fi for our 10 days cruise. If I do this I assume my husband can use his free 90 min. separately on his phone. So my 90 min perk is lost, right?

Can I use it onboard first and then book the remaining days as a package or the wi-fi package has to be bought only for the whole duration of the cruise? 

Edited by Aldeya
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, 888sydney said:

Hi,

Going 1st time on celebrity… we are Elite reciprocal from Caribbean…

Understand that I can use complimentary 90mins first. 
If I purchase an internet package say after day 4 with 7 days to go.

Do I still get 30% discount?

Is there still a package available on board after a few days after departure?

Is the package price per days left?

anyone knows price per day?

thanks

yes, yes, yes, depends on ship.

I am just curious why when you probably paid quite a bit for your cruise, instead of trying to time when to get wifi on board and time it with the 90 minutes, IF you are a frequent user, why not just get the package pre cruise and use your 30% discount then?  Just factor it into the cost of the cruise and forget about it.  If you aren't, then I get it.

7 minutes ago, Aldeya said:

I asked the same question om another thread but got no responses. Hopefully someone who bought internet package after using their 90 min.Elite perk would share their experience....

---

I was planning to pre-book a one-device premium wi-fi for our 10 days cruise. If I do this I assume my husband can use his free 90 min. separately on his phone. So my 90 min perk is lost, right?

Can I use it onboard first and then book the remaining days as a package or the wi-fi package has to be bought only for the whole duration of the cruise? 

No, you can use his as well.  I know we did it 1x as there was an issue with our internet package once and I had to purchase onboard after we sailed.  I used his and mine, then bought.  Sorry I can't remember how I did it exactly.  I think I disconnected his device and logged on his account on my phone when he was sleeping in the am.

Edited - I thought I had purchased 2 separate devices and had only purchased 1.  There is a spot where you can pick the 90 free minutes 

Edited by jean87510
  • Like 1

Let me ask another way. I understand that some have said internet usually OK for simple e-mail or messaging but not to email pictures. Can we get basic internet but access Elite 90 minutes just to send pictures.?

We did this recently. Purchased low prior to cruise by calling and getting our Captains Club discount.  You can buy onboard but would be a bit higher. Not sure of cost mid cruise. I know a day or an hour are crazy priced.  On board, u can choose to use your Free minutes, or ur package, and can toggle between them (by logging off/on). Several things to be aware.  When on Free minutes, make sure you log off when done or you will use up all your minutes. Also, when first getting on I’d log into your Free minutes FIRST, then log off.  Then access your package as needed. I first went into my package (low WiFi), and if u do that it wipes out your free minutes and u never see that option again. I had to get mine back from the Internet desk. If u do the free first, then didn’t have any issues. Anytime logging in it asked which one u wanted.  At least this was my experience on the Constellation last month..

• Like 1

I called Celebrity this morning to check pricing of Wi-Fi for a 10-day cruise leaving in 3 days.  I asked if I could get the Elite discount if I purchased Wi-Fi on board, thinking I would use the free minutes and then purchase a couple days into the cruise.  I was told that I could not get the Elite discount on board, so I purchased for the full trip.  The full price was less than I expected.  $240 for 2 devices on a 10 day cruise - $12 per device per day.  The regular price listed on the Celebrity site is $20 per device per day.  

• Like 1