4* wine pkg

Crusin-Suzan

I discovered on Nieuw Statendam they actually account for the mariner’s discount for preorders the same as buying on the ship, so no advantage here. On Rotterdam and Zuiderdam they handle it differently and credited back a full 50% of the total paid but on NS they credited back the full cost and charged the customary discounted rate which included 18% gratuities on the full price. 

On 3/16/2023 at 8:36 AM, Real NHDOC said:

Yes, those preorder prices include the 18% gratuities, just like the specialty restaurant prices.  Incidentally they do the same quirky thing with their restaurant discount as they do with the wine packages (they refund 50% of the full amount paid including tips). So you pay less for those too if you prebook them. 

@Real NHDOC I just went to my itinerary and looked on the wine packages and it says for Cellar Master #2  it is $341.02  if I select that it shows the full price when I go to my basket to purchase , when and where does the discount than finally show up do I have to stand in line at Guest Services when I get on board ship  ( We are 5 * Mariners ) . Or am I doing it incorrect ?

Thank you 

On 3/20/2023 at 11:00 PM, sailingdutchy said:

@Real NHDOC I just went to my itinerary and looked on the wine packages and it says for Cellar Master #2  it is $341.02  if I select that it shows the full price when I go to my basket to purchase , when and where does the discount than finally show up do I have to stand in line at Guest Services when I get on board ship  ( We are 5 * Mariners ) . Or am I doing it incorrect ?

Thank you 

When you get aboard it will appear on your shipboard account as a refundable credit in the amount of the mariner’s discount. If you don’t spend enough onboard to use it they credit whatever they owe back on your credit card once the cruise ends.
It seems like each ship does it differently and sometimes it takes a day or two to appear but if it doesn’t appear then I just send a note in through the navigator and they quickly resolve it. No standing in line necessary. 

Edited by Real NHDOC