Here’s to NOT “The Worst Cruise I’ve Ever Taken”!!! Sailing the Mera today- first time MSC, YC and Aurea Suite

L1211

11 hours ago, L1211 said:

YC and MDR menus

5C6BD373-7797-471D-8386-B9A21288A348.jpeg

2FA542C9-7579-47A8-B70A-BA50A77A0F89.jpeg

Does anyone know if they allow you to order items from the MDR menu at the YC restaurant? I guess it defeats the purpose of the better food in the YC, but its nice to have more choices.

14 hours ago, L1211 said:

I have not met him but a Diamond-level passenger wanted pizza delivered to the lounge today- for reasons I do not understand, it was not allowed.  He asked them to call Keith- assumed he was the manager!  

Thank you.... Probably the same fine fellow.... Did he get his pizza?

1 hour ago, Greygooser said:

Does anyone know if they allow you to order items from the MDR menu at the YC restaurant? I guess it defeats the purpose of the better food in the YC, but its nice to have more choices.

They will gladly do it.... just takes time.  I tell them at lunch if I want something, or as soon as the YC restaurant opens for dinner.  And give them a heads up when you will be in for dinner.  You are not getting it at 7:10 if you order at 7:05

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gatordad1967 said:

They will gladly do it.... just takes time.  I tell them at lunch if I want something, or as soon as the YC restaurant opens for dinner.  And give them a heads up when you will be in for dinner.  You are not getting it at 7:10 if you order at 7:05

Good to know, thank you!

14 hours ago, L1211 said:

I have not met him but a Diamond-level passenger wanted pizza delivered to the lounge today- for reasons I do not understand, it was not allowed.  He asked them to call Keith- assumed he was the manager!  

Diamond, Schi-mond.. has nothing to do with level.  Pizza is not allowed in the TopSail lounge.  You can order to the One Pool deck, though.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, NorthernCouple said:

Any chance you could upload a pick of the 'hang it outside the door the night before' breakfast menu? Past posts have shown that the Aurea menu looked better than the YC.

The Aurea menu is SO MUCH better than the YC menu for all dayparts. The YC breakfast really is light continental.  

• Like 1

Terrible Wi-Fi!!!  Beautiful day at Ocean Cay!! Steakhouse excellent last night- pics to come.  Can we talk about this lighthouse bar???  I want to live here.  Live music, drinks, amazing views!!

6A9BDCDA-71DD-450F-9DA6-8E5950D04F30.jpeg

82D36BE9-63A0-424D-A1C5-5CD9A35EF448.jpeg

• Like 3

Dinner at Butcher’s cut was great.  They youngest says “Cagney’s is my favorite restaurant of all time!”  Mom - “we’re not at Cagney’s honey”.  Youngest- “well I LOVE chops Grill!”  The. She couldn’t remember the name of Carnival’s steakhouse.  I think that means BC stands up to her high standards for steak at sea!  Great service, perfectly cooked steaks. Delicious and piping hot sides, and sadly too full to enjoy dessert.  

Ordered from the set menu. appetizers - paid up for crab cakes and so worth it! 

57F38E5B-3DE9-43FD-A6F6-37F78EA0B94B.jpeg

DDD02ED4-D2DA-4C03-BEDB-5FF8C65F6047.jpeg

0F303F47-026F-4319-8043-4CAB310BA920.jpeg

9B98BDCA-BEAE-483C-9444-6302610567F4.jpeg

• Like 1

Figuring out how MSC works.  Cocktails were $14 and not included in Easy Plus.  Lavender lemonade was included (mock tail) and a shot of vodka on the side.  Cocktail MSC style!

1B919E62-5E2A-4442-9BA4-8246C92E378B.jpeg

Edited by L1211
Gibberish
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Gatordad1967 said:

Thank you.... Probably the same fine fellow.... Did he get his pizza?

Yes, pizza delivered to the front desk and taken in the 16th floor lounge.  All good! The snack choices have been quite limited…

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NorthernCouple said:

If there is something different on that planner compared to the 'gen pop', I can't find it. Kinda confirms for me that I will have to find my own entertainment.

Hit the YC lounge after dinner and there was an amazing singer on piano. We really enjoyed!  She played till 10:54…

1 hour ago, Morgsmom said:

The Aurea menu is SO MUCH better than the YC menu for all dayparts. The YC breakfast really is light continental.  

Really?  We’ve not tried the Aurea menu yet.  But, I believe they have a NY strip nightly and YC had filet- yes? 

4 hours ago, smile145 said:

Did the Yacht club staff make your specialty dining reservations for you on the first day?

They sure did.  But we missed out on Hola tacos. Hard to know what you want to do for the entire cruise. No chance to wing it!  They are booked…

22 minutes ago, L1211 said:

They sure did.  But we missed out on Hola tacos. Hard to know what you want to do for the entire cruise. No chance to wing it!  They are booked…

Oh thank you.  I am going in April for my first Yacht Club.  I do want to book Hola and didn’t know if the staff would do that quick enough for me on the first day before it books up or if I should go wait in line at Ocean Cay restaurant to book.

Do you know if yacht club staff can book spa appointments, paid shows and bowling times?  Just trying to plan.

Thank you for all your photos!

Best practice for sure!  Advice from this board.  Get to lobster rolls, skip the bread. Enjoy the lobster salad.  Served warm and chocked full of large pieces of lobster.  Flavor is spot on- best meal of the trip!!

101FFD2D-80FE-426F-AE88-2A37DA199CAB.jpeg