Here’s to NOT “The Worst Cruise I’ve Ever Taken”!!! Sailing the Mera today- first time MSC, YC and Aurea Suite

L1211

Just now, fredmdcruisers said:

You should have just said that. Cause if you are Bella and go to the MDR, they hand you a menu. 

1 minute ago, fredmdcruisers said:

You should have just said that. Cause if you are Bella and go to the MDR, they hand you a menu. 

whatever, I said there was no Bella menu, you eat in the MDR...... sorry if that is tough for you to understand.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Gatordad1967 said:

It's only certain ones.  The two most forward on the ship I believe.  You can see the little RFID sensor in the hallway.  If you tap your card, the elevator that comes will say priority. You also can use the card once inside.  It is kinda funny, because others will wonder why their floor got passed when a YC passenger has over ridden the 

Oh yes, sooooo funny.

• Thanks 1

Vodka tonic minus the lime - they are out… feel so bad for these guys. I don’t think we’ve ordered without having something we wanted not available…

sunset should be spectacular from 19 over the light house tonight!  Here’s hoping the two families of children need to dress for dinner by then.  

6BFEFB9E-3D43-4228-AFD5-4EB1B71D199A.jpeg

• Like 1

A few more OC pics.  Just a Gloria day.  Met a couple who went to the YC beach and didn’t love it- said it was hot with no breeze and rocky. We just walked, visited the Lighthouse bar and Ocean House restaurant.  All incredible! 

F164BD51-562B-486F-8D15-D03F869B8B56.jpeg

478A5C48-A361-41F0-B1DD-2ED7E23DD138.jpeg

05ECDAAF-BDEA-4ED1-893B-93F3606A8F34.jpeg

9F542BBD-4ACA-4E44-987E-E71CC89464EB.jpeg

0EFCAE58-F5C9-4952-860D-C2D7DA1AB569.jpeg

1C0ED66A-E17E-4FFB-8E75-C42DBF5C2778.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Your snack options in the YC lounge at the moment.  Nice.  Only grievance, they just don’t do dessert well.  Cookies are a shortbread flavored differently for “variety “.  They do bread!

2CBFC57E-8DFA-4F60-A1FF-DEF002FA3851.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Your snack options in the YC lounge at the moment.  Nice.  Only grievance, they just don’t do dessert well.  Cookies are a shortbread flavored differently for “variety “.  They do bread!

2CBFC57E-8DFA-4F60-A1FF-DEF002FA3851.jpeg

Glad to see that they have expanded beyond onions and olives. Worried that you can't find limes in the Caribbean.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, L1211 said:

No Chardonnay at the YC lounge- I’m not kidding when I say it’s each time we order there is something they dont have …

So, a wonderful old fashion I’m happy to report and the substituted wine, Conundrum, may be the best glass of wine I have drank this week.  They are working really hard with what they have…

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, L1211 said:

So, a wonderful old fashion I’m happy to report and the substituted wine, Conundrum, may be the best glass of wine I have drank this week.  They are working really hard with what they have…

Was this truly a substitution (not on the normal list) or was it another wine by the glass under $15? Good to see that they made sure to make you happy.

11 minutes ago, NorthernCouple said:

Was this truly a substitution (not on the normal list) or was it another wine by the glass under $15? Good to see that they made sure to make you happy.

It’s on the list and available with premium pkg.  I’m just a Chardonnay drinker… but, it is limited what they have any any one time.   Not seeing the higher value wines much…

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, L1211 said:

It’s on the list and available with premium pkg.  I’m just a Chardonnay drinker… but, it is limited what they have any any one time.   Not seeing the higher value wines much…

As someone who does planning - I feel frustrated by this. With a 'premium' product, the YC, you don't want it ever happen where a Chardonnay drinker can't get a glass of Chardonnay. With the pandemic, "just in time" supply chains aren't working out. I would expect the MSC supply officer to have a surplus of Chardonnay 'A', and arrangements to get Chardonnay 'B' and 'C' on short notice.

The waiter should have grabbed a 'premium' Chardonnay not on the list (and make sure you know it). It is far more expensive for you to have reported "I couldn't get a glass of Chardonnay."

IMHO, of course.

• Like 1

We are wine drinkers and I'm a bit concerned about the reports of very limited supply of wines.  There are a couple of wines, by the glass and under the $15 that are on the Butchers Cut menu.  Does anyone know if YC bartenders have access to these wines?    I suspect not,  but I hope yes!  TIA

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NorthernCouple said:

Too much Conundrum. You kinda missed the steak. 😁

Ha!  We were hungry tonight!! But it was perfectly cooked…. My husband ate it all- he never finished a steak!!