How far in advance can we book specialty restaurant reservations? Excursions? Spa treatments?

Sujormik

We are on Marina from Southampton-Oslo on June 21-July 1 and wondering when we can start making serious plans.  Restaurant reservations for one!

Has anyone been to these seemingly obscure ports (Bornholm, Visby, Kiel, Skagen)? I’m interested in shipbuilding history to a point but maybe not more than once on a given cruise. Any recommendations for good excursion options on these places (O-sponsored or other)?

Also interested in what a day in port looks like if you choose to stay on the ship….do they discount spa treatments and shopping like others we’ve been on? 

Appreciate any guidance, our first time on O and only our 3rd cruise. Thanks.

24 minutes ago, Sujormik said:

We are on Marina from Southampton-Oslo on June 21-July 1 and wondering when we can start making serious plans.  Restaurant reservations for one!

Has anyone been to these seemingly obscure ports (Bornholm, Visby, Kiel, Skagen)? I’m interested in shipbuilding history to a point but maybe not more than once on a given cruise. Any recommendations for good excursion options on these places (O-sponsored or other)?

Also interested in what a day in port looks like if you choose to stay on the ship….do they discount spa treatments and shopping like others we’ve been on? 

Appreciate any guidance, our first time on O and only our 3rd cruise. Thanks.

Many reservation answers can be found on the O website in "FAQs".  Here is the link for the timing of restaurant reservations:

When can I make reservations in the specialty restaurant? – Oceania Cruises (zendesk.com)

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

I have seen a spa special on port days...usually a massage I think (maybe a body wrap?).

There are sometimes boutique specials (not associated with port days if I  remember) but I believe they are required to be closed while in port.

Port days are pretty quiet on the ship and the GDR has been closed for lunch on my cruises.

Edited by AMHuntFerry

7 minutes ago, Sujormik said:

Does “anchor port” mean it’s a tender to get to shore?

YES

If there is an anchor next to the port name  then you will be  tendering

Your Oceania Rep or TA can give you the phone number to call to book an Embarkation Day or other day Spa appointment so you can be ready to enjoy life.  There has been a good bump in Spa prices so expect it will not be “at home cheap”. If you happen to have reached the 15 Cruise Credit level, you do get a $150 Spa Credit that can be shared.  My DW gave me hers on the last trip for an extra Hot Stone Massage. 😇🙏

Enjoy your cruise,

Mauibabes