diamond princess in japan - concern re requirement to disembark into government isolation hotel if covid positive

austromyrtus

have been thinking about booking a 7 day princess cruise in japan for june 2023. however the princess health fine print is of concern as it idicates if you are covid positive at the end of your cruise and wish to disembark, you (+partner?) would be required to enter a government nominated isolation quarantine hotel. i called princess and ascertained this is so and also it would be at the passengers expense. 

https://www.princess.com/plan/cruise-with-confidence/cruise-health/frequently-asked-questions/japan-cruises/

i am hoping this requiement will be relaxed after may 2023 when the japanese government is scheduled to relax covid restrictions, however i have not been able to confirm any changes will apply to cruise ships.

any feedback welcome. 

----------------------

If guests’ cruise ends before their isolation is complete, they may select one of the following two options to complete their mandatory isolation:

OPTION 1: Continue your isolation aboard the ship and disembark at the port that aligns with the end of your isolation period, on day 8. Princess will assist you in coordinating your forward travel back to Tokyo.
OPTION 2: Disembark and complete their isolation ashore in a designated isolation hotel, appointed by the Japanese Government until their mandatory isolation is complete. Once their supervised isolation period has ended, on day 8, they will be allowed to travel on public transportation and resume their travel plan.

------------------------

• 4 weeks later...