Newby Shore Ex Question

flyer79

Greetings!  Oceania newby here.  Just booked our first O cruise (many on HAL, Celebrity, Princess) and got the OLife Ultimate package with 3 free shorex.  

What are the rules for these?  Are there certain types of excursions I can and can't do?  Dollar limits?

Thanks for your help!

5 minutes ago, flyer79 said:

Greetings!  Oceania newby here.  Just booked our first O cruise (many on HAL, Celebrity, Princess) and got the OLife Ultimate package with 3 free shorex.  

What are the rules for these?  Are there certain types of excursions I can and can't do?  Dollar limits?

Thanks for your help!

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/promotion-terms/

OLife Choice free shore excursions vary by voyage and exclude Oceania Select, Oceania Exclusive, Executive Collection, Food & Wine Trails, Wellness Discovery Tours by Aquamar, Go Local, Go Green, Beyond Blueprints and Culinary Discovery Tours.

Thanks for the info.  I took a quick look at our offerings and that doesn't appear to leave much besides basic city walking or bus tours.  Is that people's experience or do I need to dig a bit deeper?

1 minute ago, flyer79 said:

Thanks for the info.  I took a quick look at our offerings and that doesn't appear to leave much besides basic city walking or bus tours.  Is that people's experience or do I need to dig a bit deeper?

Usually it will include any excursion up to $199.00 pp (there are a few exceptions of OE or OS excursions that price under).  We have taken several that fell in the "free category" that were not basic walking or bus tours.  We took a wonderful wine tasting and lunch tour in Ensenada that was a "free" excursion.  Maybe it would help if you told us what sailing so we can look

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flyer79 said:

You need to read the description of each tour. Normally there’re more tours beyond just panoramic bus or walking tours that will qualify for OLife. In our experience some tours were quiet good if we chose carefully. It depends on the cruise, though. Some ports of call will have limited offerings to begin with.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, flyer79 said:

Thanks!   I will keep looking.  We are on City of Lights and Baltic Beauties departing Sep 2.

I just did a quick glance and found many excursions that I would not call bus tour or basic walking - when there a 4 walking men next to the tour, it will not be a basic walking tour!  Since you booked under the Ultimate, look at this as an opportunity to enjoy 3 excursions..also if you are thinking of taking more excursions with Oceania, your 3 "free" excursions count towards the total needed to get the 25% Your World discount.  If you search for shore excursions, you will find several threads that go into detail on how to maximize your shore excursions.